Newbie grower in trouble

So I started my 1st grow with the beginner mix pack and dropped 3 seeds earlier November. I haven’t really been keeping records on my feeding schedule but I feed twice a wk I up my nutirents up for aggressive veg and I think I over did it my 2 White widows are showing deficiencies and I can’t figure what I need to fix. I understand that photos grow slower than auto but I figured I would be further along then I am now this is my test run so I didn’t drop all my seeds. Any help with this issue would be extremely appreciated

Welcome to the forum. I am sure one of us will be able to help you. We will need a little more information.

Please COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
  • Indoor or Outdoor
  • Light system
  • Temps; Day, Night
  • Humidity; Day, Night
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
  • Co2; Yes, No

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner

1 Like
  • What strain, 2 White widow’s 1 bubblegum from I :heart: Marijuana bank!
  • Method: fox farm happy frog
  • Vessels: 5 Gal pots
  • PH of Water: I ph the tap water around 6.5-6.7 , Solution: not sure what to answer here , runoff (if Applicable) tested this the other day it was 4.0
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable just purchased a ppm meter today off eBay
  • Indoor
  • Light system 1/mars hydro ts1000 16 on 8 off
  • Temps; 80 day 74 night
  • Humidity; I work during the day but it stays average around 50% depending if my humidifier is out of water by time I get off work
  • Ventilation system; Yes, 4 fans and humidifier
  • Co2; Yes exhale bubblegum white widow
    White Widow
3 Likes

Also I’m growing in a 4x4x80 grow tent

3 Likes

Have you been giving any nutes yet? Have you given any cal-mag. It looks like either a P or a cal deficiency. Sometimes they come together. But your plant in veg probably wont need much P.
. It could be as simple as those leaves get wet when you water.

2 Likes

Yes I feed them both cal mag and mammoth p along with general hydroponics nutrients. I was thinking maybe it might be the p. But I wasn’t too sure. I guess I can leave the p out during next feeding. I also been dealing with a knats as well maybe their the issue ?

is it just that one plant in front and the big fan leaf ? how close to the little fan is it ? i wind burn leaves all the time lol or just bruised it some how playing with the girls but if jus 1 leaf you can watch for a day and look for new growth that is normal cus ya cant fix old leafs lol

N BTW nice job clean set up plants look happy

any ways Smoklahoma baby…jimmie

4 Likes

Interveinal necrosis is most likely the scariest thing to see on your plants. There’s so many reasons why they could appear that everyone has their own opinion.

What I’ve done that has helped, flush with ph’d water at about 2-3x size of your planter. Let that dry out the on the next watering feed them as usual.

Something is causing the ph of you soil to read very low, if they ph is out of whack you need to get it in check. Soil isn’t as easy as adding ph up or down you need to re adjust it one way or another and by pouring a ton of phd (6.5-7) water thru it until your output is at a stable level I don’t know any other way.

2 Likes

Thanks for replying it’s really the 2 white widows that’s showing the rusty spots on multiple fan leaves. The bubblegum was showing some stress when I did some last but it seems to be okay now .

1 Like

Thanks for responding. I was reading the fox farm happy frog feeding schedule for the 1st time yesterday and it called for a flush every 2 weeks

I well flush them today. Can I do it with regular tap water that I will ph or do you recommend go buy distilled water ? And fan burn I’ve never heard of that? This lower fan is the closest

1 Like

well they look healthy so keep watchn really know more at run off when you get pen if every plant had issues at the same time look back to see if you did anything diff

1 Like

Whatever water your growing with now should be fine, just make sure it’s ph’d properly

3 Likes

thats what i dont understand they make a good soil you dont need to add much to to not even use nutes at all well dry ammendments and mycos but thats the learning curv find ways to improve your soil and boom improve plants good luck

1 Like

Have you tried to bottom feed with those plant pans?

1 Like

That’s actually the hydroponic chart. With soil your flushes will be in 4 week intervals.

1 Like

I just got a twelve pack starter kit from ff nutes, theres a Happy Frog Soil Schedule that is different than the soil schedule too. Js. Welcome @GorillaGrower, I just used the sledgehammer flush, so far the ladies are happy. I didnt feed until now(week 5) I use the ffhappy frog also

1 Like

It’s not a schedule for happy frog soil. It’s a schedule for the happy frog line of nutes.

1 Like

If like to add, if you have a deficiency all of the sudden and didnt do anything out of the ordinary, the very first thing you ask is, is my ph in the correct range? Often times people attempt to fix a problem by calling lockout a deficiency and they add more food. Often times the best way to fix an issue is to use plain water and correct ph and wait to see if things self correct. If not then its on to a flush and re set. But dont flush and re set just because, as it really sets back a plants growth and normally causes shock! Do the least you can first, then do whats needed if that fails.

1 Like

Yes in many ways hydro is easier! I thought soiless was going to be easier but I was wrong. In addition, my hydro plants grew way faster! And I mean noticeably faster.

2 Likes

Oh , dang .thnx

1 Like