Newbie Grow Journal-Burning_Budz

That’s what I use I’m growing in happy frog / perilite mix.

1 Like

How much perlite mix are you running? From what I read 70% Frog 30% Perlite or 15% perlite/15% coco coir.

Photos above are actually from 3 days ago. Here are some photos from today. Looks like the flowering process has begun. Day 30 today. First few are the shoots and the last is the main. Cant wait to see what she looks like after this nee light tomorrow.

2 Likes

Today was my normal watering day, so when I seen the flowers I went ahead and bumped the water up to 1 liter. I use a scale to weigh her and she usually weighs 7.4lbs and today she weighed 6.1lbs so figured that all the signs say bump the water up especially switching to a quality light.

1 Like

Yes I do 75 percent soil because too much perilite and it all floats to the top after watering.

1 Like

Yah I read about that which is why a lot of people run 15/15 coco and perlite. It seems its hard to find good coco for cheap though so seems smarter and cheaper to just do perlite. I’ve been thinking just use FF nutes with the FFHF soil to keep it uniform, but I have also been looking at GH nutes.

Got the new light in and I can already tell she loves it. She looks way better under it too. Tons of white pistils shooting up. The main is starting to look real healthy.

1 Like

Is this color something I should be worried about or is it ok? It’s on almost all of the fan leafs with the darker colors at the top. It has pretty much always been there, but seems to be darker this last week. Is it caused by new growth? Someone help a brother out lol

She looks good to me, newer growth is lighter green.

1 Like

So whats up with this purple like dark color? That’s what I’m worried about. This is WW so I haven’t seen or heard someone else having this color on their plants.

What are your night time temps?

1 Like

Night time temps are 68-70. Daytime is 74-76.

1 Like

Purple stems are pretty common with leds it seems, I wouldn’t worry about it as long as they look healthy :v:

1 Like

So its not an LED issue, I know this for sure. Purple stemming due to lights is by too much UV lights, which the Blurple light i had didn’t have any UV rays, I’ve since switched to a quantum board LED this last week and still same purple. If it is caused by lights it is going to be light burn, but I dont know if that is my case. 2nd most typical I nutrient issue. So either not enough water, too much water, or not enough magnesium. Which i should have enough magnesium because I’m using the Pot 4 Pot setup, but I could need some.

Could be genetics even… I still wouldn’t worry at all unless you are seeing some other defects on the plant. Good luck!

1 Like

So I am, bottom 2 dummy leaves are completed dead and the lowest set of fan leaves is turning yellow, and dying. So it would seem like nutrient deficiency, but the purple is dark on the top of the stem only and completely perfect green on the bottom side of the stem. The strain im growing is White Widow Auto, so it should not have a single bit of purple genetically. Never really know though. If the dummy leaves and first set of fan leaves weren’t yellow I would be alright.

1 Like

If you’re referring to the very 1st two leaves that show up as the dummy leaves, they will always die, so that’s not a problem. Yellowing on next 2 leaves is interesting though, you may be right in needing Magnesium or calcium, but I’m not sure. Could try adding in cal-mag next watering if it gets worse.

Maybe see what other more knowledgeable growers say about the yellowing leaves, but as far as the dummy leaves dying and purple stems I don’t see reason for concern.

Try filling out a support ticket with all the info: plant, soil type, nutes type, ph levels, add a clear pic of the yellow leaves and tag some other folks to chime in. :v:

1 Like

Drop those temps to 60-65 at night and if the genetics are there it should show the purple hues

Why would I drop my temperature to an almost dangerous level? 60° is not healthy for marijuana plants. Almost every site or forum says not to let your temps get down below 60. Sugars in plants do not move very well at any temperature under 68 and below 60 it becomes a dangerous environment. That doesn’t not seem like a good idea at all lol

I really need to get a good tester to make sure but something is definitely going on as after I came back from out of town for 2 days, more yellowing at the bottom and more purple along the stems.