Newbie, getting ready to switch to flowering

First time grower here, learned a lot from you folks along the way. First seedlings were in rag dirt for a month, then I started 2 more and when they were ready for their bigger homes I planted all 4 seedlings in fox farms dirt, and 3 gal soft pots, truly amazing stuff,. Went on vacation for 10 days and set up a watering system with a timer, well got home on wed and the poor things were hurting, only one was really dry, but now they are all looking good again, one got a lil close to the light and shows the yellowing on the top leaves. I’ve topped and bent all four, and tomorrow I’m going to start thinning the bottom areas, So far I haven’t used any notes, and they have been in the pots about 6 weeks. I’m thinking flower stage is with in a week or so, gonna let them have a couple more waterings,to make sure they have recovered from vacation dry out. I ph my well water to around 6,8 and that’s what the run off is. I grow in my basement and keep temp around 75 deg, and mist them a few times a day, they seem to be happy and healthy, I’m going to try and post my latest pictures. And any advice is welcome and appreciated, 2 chocolopes, 2 white rhinos, seeds bought from your store, so far I have germinated 8 out of 8 seeds, gave 4 seedlings to my sis.

13 Likes

Plants look healthy! Nice job. Are you monitoring pH and PPM of runoff? FF dirt is very nutritious. Others would have to advise when to start feeding nutes.

2 Likes

Ph on runoff is around 6.8,

Ppm I don’t know anything about, hmmmm?

PPM is parts per million of dissolved solids. If the PPM is too high the plant can burn and/or lock out nutrients normally available in the soil. You should monitor the run of to determine what the PPM is in the soil. Feeding us sill starts when the PPM in the runoff begins to decrease significantly. When you start feeding monitoring your PPM will tell you if you are over feeding.

2 Likes

What kind of tester do I need for this? I’m defenetly learning as I go. Lol. Thx

1 Like

TDS (total dissolved solids) meter. I got one off Amazon for $11.

1 Like

Awesome. Thx a bunch

1 Like

Welcome to the forum! I think your plants look great.

1 Like

6.8 pH is at the high end of the spectrum a little pH down will lower it to a safer range, you’re right on the edge of nutrient lockouts.
As far a PPM meters are concerned, I found Myron-L to be the best in the industry but a little pricey, I use calibrating solution and adjust it accordingly to maintain accurate readings.

Ok thx,