Newbie getting ready for first indoor grow

I’m getting psyched to do my first indoor grow!

3 Likes

You should be! Tell us about what you’re putting together

1 Like

Yeah fill us in man!

1 Like

I’ve got a room a lights and exhaust fans
I’ve ordered seeds just not sure about the dirt

Welcome to the community keep us up to speed on your journey i love it with every fiber of my being.

1 Like

I would get some Fox Farms Happy Frog soil personally. Do you have a pH meter? TDS/EC meter? Do you know what you will do about nutrients?

2 Likes

I’ve heard of the Fox Farms and Happy Frog heard a lot about that sounds good do I order that online also pH meter is on my list of things to get yet

1 Like

I would try and find a local grow shop. It’s always way over priced online. Bag is like, 20 bucks at a local shop. I recommend Apera PH20 for pH and Apera EC20 for EC/TDS.

1 Like

Do you mean like Garden Center I live in Virginia where we just are getting legalization we don’t have any actual Grow shops here yet. Also I understand pH but don’t have a clue what EC TDs is

Use the dealer locator to find fox farms products near you

https://foxfarm.com/find-a-dealer

Not every location sells soil, they may sell nutrients, but if you put your zip code in I bet something will come up

1 Like

EC (Electrical Conductivity) is used to measure the TDS (Total Dissolved Solids, how much stuff is in the water, nutrients for instance) of a solution.

PPM (Parts Per Million) meters use a predetermined value that is multiplied by the EC of the solution to give you the TDS.
PPM = EC multiplied by a predetermined value which depends on what standard they follow. So PPM meters give you different results. Hence it makes more sense to get an EC meter, then you can do all the PPM readings.

2 Likes

Wow what an awesome person you must be !thank you so much for taking the time to explain!
I am making lists and taking notes

1 Like

On the east coast we have the coast of maine soils I am using them now very similar to fox farms your local garden center may carrie that buying local is about half the price amazon

2 Likes

Right on thanks so much I’ll check that out I always try to shop local anywho just a lot of this stuff we can’t get around

1 Like

I got my ff from Amazon

I just checked Amazon for Fox Farms Happy Frog soil. They charge $42 for one bag, $72 for two 2 cubic foot bags. I just bought some from my local grow shop and it was less then $19 out the door.

2 Likes

Is that 12 quart or 2 cubic feet

1 Like

Just looked, it’s 12 quart. Not the same amount. @Sgv

I bought Happy Frog last month for the first time and had a feeling that $11.95 per 2 cubic foot bag was a good price so I ended up getting 11 bags, when I thought I would only need 7.

I’m glad I did because my new game plan requires 10 bags after adding 10 qt’s of perlite per bag.

I get my supplies at a local grow shop.

1 Like