Newbie Conundrum

So, first timer. Northeast outdoor. (Which from my understanding is tough to bring full cycle without issues) I have WW and SLH. One of my WWs started flowering weeks ahead of the others plants for whatever reason. Much farther along. However with the rain and lower temps it has developed bud rot in a few buds being pretty dense developed bud. I tediously pruned and treated with procidic2 over a couple days. I now treat with procidic2 every 5 days. Removed entire buds or cutting out any sign of rot if small enough.

My question is, should I harvest this WW plant or wait longer or run the risk of losing the plant and even infecting my other plants? I feel like I was pretty thorough. I don’t really have a way of preventing the rain from getting them, maybe next year I’ll build something. Pistils are mixed. Trichromes still pretty clear. Thanks ahead of time.

2 Likes

I realize I may have posted in the wrong forum. Please move to grow support. Thanks

I changed category for you.

1 Like

Thank you much

She is no where near ready for harvest.

I’m not familiar with the fungicide you are using. Hydrogen peroxide might be a less expensive solution for treating and preventing fungi.

1 Like

I personally wait still a lot of white pistils. Can you post a pic of the hole plant.

1 Like

Ty for the reply. Yeah I’ve read mixed reviews on procidic2 especially for the money. Some good, some feeling like it’s just overpriced citric acid. Learning is learning. I know they’re not ready. Just wondering what a seasoned grower might do in this situation. Still have at least a month to go.

Think that’s the most recent pic I’ve got handy

2 Likes

Just keep cutting away any mold or bud rot but don’t transfer the mold spores to other parts of the plant or other plants. After you clip something off clean your scissors and fingers with peroxide before you touch or clip anything else. Spray the affected bud before you clip it off then spray the area where the bud used to be. I use 50/50 peroxide/water. If the stem beneath the affected bud is brown put honey or aloe on it after you spray.

1 Like

Thank you much. Yeah I’ve been soaking areas with the procidic2 before handling. I’ll start using HP mix going forward. Do I have to stop HP usage prior to harvest in a certain time frame?

Plant looks good you might want to trim some of those fan leaves off to open her up to get some sun in there. @oldmarine has a pic of his outside plant to give you an idea.

2 Likes

Nice looking plant she has a long way to go 4-6 weeks probably just stay on it aggressively until it’s ready. I would try to figure out a way to partially cover it/them to keep the rain off. Get an easy up canopy from Walmart and use 6mil plastic instead of the cover that comes with it. Then if you can put a box fan under it running 24/7

1 Like

You can use Peroxcide right up to harvest and beyond when you wash your buds

1 Like

Peroxcide breaks into oxygen and water and is harmless

1 Like

I lost too much to rot and bugs last year. I get in there early (just before flower) and clean up all my outdoor grows.

This was a month ago.

This is her today.

4 Likes

With a 50/50 HP/ water mix, we’re talking standard 3% HP correct?

Also thanks for everyone’s input. Felt better. Couldn’t respond yesterday because the forum restricted the amount of replies I could send in a certain amount of time.

1 Like

So, as it turns out it may not have been bud rot at all. Inch worms! Inexperience, though they leave similar looking damage to bud rot. First time cleaning out a damaged bud and finding a worm. I’ve ordered some BT. Can’t get here soon enough.

1 Like