NEWBIE Advice needed 1st timer 🤷‍♂️

Cheers :beers:

1 Like

Well guys cheers for the advice gor some nutes off a m8 & they have really perked up thanks for your help. Any advice on next steps??

1 Like

Does the bucket that she’s in have any drainage holes in it?

1 Like

Yes around 6 15mm hole’s should that be enough?

1 Like

Wicked yeahhh I would have thought so buddy

TDS meter- Total Dissolved Solids
Welcome!

I got a lot of different views on reading different books. The crew here are pretty consistent with advice. There’s always more than one way to do something. So try one and if it works for you then you are good to go. If not try something different. When you post there is a “format” of what to include. And try to get some good pictures of a problem or success. This helps everyone help you when you need it. Have fun growing, and welcome!!

3 Likes

nice herb…but get her up and off the ground a few maybe 3 inches for air circulation :partying_face:

2 Likes

Cheers for advice been reading a few books over past couple of weeks just wanted to make sure everything looked :ok_hand:

just been round & raised then off floor… now stood on 2 4x4 post offcuts :grinning: cheers

wood blockes may give a false pH reading of run off water…so make sure the wood does not have any presevatives in it…best to use inert material…i use 2inch plastic guttering. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Wood now replaced with pvc trunking cheers👍never thought of that🤣

2 Likes

Id honestly put a few more in there. Big bucket my friend. 6 rows of 5 is more my target. Then 7-9 at the bottom. Drainage is essential

Cheers ill drill some more tomorrow.
:+1:

Day 47 all looking well any advice on things to do at this point or is it just carry on.
Cheers
20200730_151943|375x500

2 Likes

looking fine…just stand back and admire :sunglasses:

Do you rotate them into the sunshine ?..maybe a mirrror behind them would increase the light on the rear shaded leaves :sunny:

1 Like

Hi yes I rotate them every evening.
Thanks for the input :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Your plants are looking good! Way to grow! It sounds like everything you are doing is good. You can always check your runoff with your tds meter. There may be some room to up your feeding (if you are not up to the maximum level according to the brand of nutrients you are using). If it were me, I would keep doing what you are doing because your plant looks healthy. If it aint broke dont fix it. Shout out to @SKORPION- I got the meters you are using. That was a good deal. Someone said they clean the sensors good and then put a moist sponge in and cap them. What if anything do you do fo those meters?

1 Like

Nothing really special I replace mine often so lasting isn’t a big concern. I use them 2 to 3 grows then get a new set.

Broken egg shells work real well also.

1 Like