Newbie 2nd indoor auto run

1. Indoor or outdoor? - size of grow?
  2. Otigin of seeds?
  3. Regular, feminized, or autoflower?
  4. Origin of water. PH, EC/TDS of source water?
  5. PH and TDS/EC of if mixed solution?
  6. Grow method? Soil, Soil-less, Coco, Hydro, Aquaponics. Please explain.
  7. Nutrients or fertilizer system used.
  8. What typr of lighting are you using? LED, HID (MH, CMH, HPS), or Fluorescents? Please elaborate.
  9. What are the temps in your growspce? Day / Night?
  10. What is the RH = relative humidity in your growspace? Day / Night?
  11. AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier?
  12. Do you have a Ventilation system? Size? 4", 6"?
  13. Co2 Yes / No?
  14. How long have you been growing?
  15. What budget have you set in order to grow successfully?
  16. If you grow hydro, then please explain your hydro method. DWC, R-DWC, Ebb and Flow, Or; Other? Other?

16b. Size and temperature of solution in reservoir?

#1 indoor

#2 fugue state and super orange haze
From Mephisto genetics (2 ea)

#3 auto flower

#4 source water well at 8.0 ph out of faucet

#5 n/a starting from seed not needed yet

#6 FF HF soil

#7 jacks 321 just switching now

#8 2 mars hydro ts 3000 led 450 watts ea.

#9 temps at 78 f day time 70 at night

#10 60 RH maintained with humidifier/de humidifier

#11 answered at #10 ac not needed

#12 6 inch inline ac infinity exhaust fan

#13 no co2

#14 growing for 9 months now

#15 budget pretty open as needed

#16 n/a

There is all the basic info
@Fatz1973 @RPgrower
Plan is to go straight into 5 gallon cloth pots with theses auto’s i did straight into 3 gallon last grow and worked out well so figure i can grow fewer plants and should increase my yield per plant, I’ll be using Jack’s 321 for nutes i have ph and tds pens for checking in going nutes and ph vs. Outgoing. Started the sprouting process yesterday . Any suggestions or input from the community is always welcome​:grin::+1:

1st question is should I premoisten my soil prior to putting sprouted seeds in. Here are some pictures of my setup

10 Likes

Nice set up! Love your tent.

Yes, premoistening soil prevents watering dislodging the seed or even tap root. That way, you don’t have to water until the root is firmly in place and growing.

10 Likes

How big is your tent? 4x4?

4 Likes

Thank ya much brother, will pre moisten then . you want it to clump together and no dripping water when squeezed? Is this correct :blush:

4 Likes

Its a 5x5

5 Likes

I water it saturating it like a full watering and just plant in it like the next day.

I poke a 1/8" hole and gently place the sprouted seed in there and cover the seed with loose soil. You can use a toothpick or pencil tip to make sure it is covered lightly and not packed down in any way.

Like I said, pouring of water or even heavy spraying on a seed (or just emerging seedling) has caused me grief. I’ve floated the seeds completely out of the soil and not even noticed until it was too late. FAIL! I’ve learned my lesson and not repeated that anymore.

4 Likes

@Zudnik have a nice setup there you should get some good results can’t wait to see more

5 Likes

Shazam!! Nice set up. I can’t think of anything you forgot. Gonna watch.

7 Likes

I wouldn’t pre moisten my 5 gallon pots with just seedlings. My 2 cents and why I don’t give advice anymore. Things look great my friend. I am along for the ride. :call_me_hand:t2::call_me_hand:t2::100:

2 Likes

Thank you for stopping by my friend i do appreciate your time and input :grin::+1::100: I’m cool with any tips or advice I can get :blush:

2 Likes

Very nice set up. Nice size tent. Happy Growing :blush::v:

4 Likes

Keep the sprouts warm. I put mine on the cable box, covered from light. Then I go against the grain. Once sprouted I put them into solo cups until they’re well established, then to the final pot. For me at least, I find that they do better in the solos than putting them straight into a big pot. You just need to be careful with the transplant…

4 Likes

No inline or exhaust fans? Just a couple circs I see?

1 Like

Gday ur set up is great i like it and by the looks of it ur using fabric pots if im not mistaken ,i always pre soak my five gallon fabric pots i dont have it dripping with water thou i normally give two to three ltrs of water mixed with seaweed liquid then i would plant my seedling ive had no trouble doing it this way and i grow autos all the time

3 Likes

Inline is set up outside tent if you look at left side of tent you will see duct sticking thru pulling air out of tent and pushing out thru carbon filter 6" fan this gives me more room to raise lights as needed

7 Likes

Thanx for coming by pinboy appreciate your help, and yes many peeps prefer solo cup then forever home. I agree it is alot of real estate going straight into a 5 gallon but it worked out for me with the 3 gallon pots with my last grow was going to put a clear solo cup over sprouted seed for moisture dome , so hoping im careful enough with my watering so i can skip the solo cup step. Wish me luck :grin::+1::100:

4 Likes

For me autos are a ticking time clock and transplanting to me delays growth at least a few days. That’s why I go directly into forever bags… plus I really dislike transplanting. :laughing:

Other methods work too. This is just my preference.

7 Likes

I agree with you brother, i hate adding more work​:grin::+1::100:

3 Likes

I’m not qualified to give advice on soil or autos. I use Jacks and precharge the coco I grow in. It would make sense to me to do it in soil assuming it is loose and not so wet as to drown them.
Good to see you were not shy in giving your plants the light they will eventually need. Mephisto is supposed to have good genetics and hope the autos hold true to this. Good luck
I will follow along.

4 Likes

Thanx for stopping by brother, i am always looking for advice and tips, hope you enjoy watching the grow :100::grin::+1:

2 Likes