Newbie 1st timer Northern Lights Auto

So I’m now underway with first grow in 4x4 tent. Put 5 seeds in Rapid Rooters (soaked) and three have popped. It’s now day 8 in the RRs. Pics attached. Using 36w CFL and heat map when needed. Do they look ok? Should I transplant to solo cups into the big tent under the big lights or keep them where they are for now? Will be using Fox Farm happy frog for soil in 5 gallon fabric pots. Lights are Spider-Farm 2000 quantum board and Phlizon 1000 Cob led. I believe total wattage is just under 500 but could be wrong. 4 inch exhaust/filter venting out the top. Any advice at this stage. Previous members who have helped me with germination are @Covertgrower, @CoyoteCodyimage image image image image image

3 Likes

I think your seedlings look good I would go ahead transplant to the Solo cups. When I move something that small to the tent I would only run one light and make sure to keep my height appropriate for light. Good luck

2 Likes

Any advice on height? Maybe 36 inches?

Shoot for about 24-28ish. Other than that you’re doing great.

3 Likes

I’m with @Covertgrower 24 to 28 inchs watch how they respond you might even be able to lower light couple inches after a week .

Thanks @kellydans and @Covertgrower. Will solo cup them in the FFHF tomorrow morning and put them into their new home at 24-28 inches. Will keep you posted if you are interested.

2 Likes

Domes will help keep them in high humidity.
Mist the dome…not the sprout.
Water droplets on the sprout can act like a lens on the plant and burn it.
I screwed up several before I learned that lesson.

2 Likes

Good advice @Spiney_norman

1 Like

Update pics of current tent setup. image image

3 Likes

Don’t why the pics post sideways from my phone. Sorry about that.

1 Like

I see I am not the only one that has their pictures turned sideways. if you don’t all ready have drain holes in the bottom of your cups. I would add them soon. Only mentioning this because your title says first timer :grin: Good luck with your grow. You are off to a great start

1 Like

Haha. Ok not just me. Thanks @Not2SureYet. Tomorrow’s project is making this auto drainage system I found online using tiered plant saucers with drain lines running to sump pump in a 5 gallon bucket.

1 Like

Do you have holes in the dixie cups is what I meant. :grin: To let them drain too. The pump idea sounds good though :+1:

Oh yeah drilled 5 or 6 holes in the bottom of each cup.

Week 2 update since first planting germinated seed.

1 Like

Should I transfer soon to the 5 gallon fabric pots or wait for more height?

Almost to week three. Just transplanted to five gallon pots. Leaves have been drooping last few day and noticed a bit of yellowing on bottom leaves. Any advice on whether these girls look ok? Help is appreciated. Hope any of @Spiney_norman @Covertgrower @kellydans @Not2SureYet or anyone else can chime in. Pics to follow.

1 Like

Looks a little hungry, I would start half strength nutrients if you haven’t already.

1 Like

I agree with @Covertgrower looks a little hungry. After a little feeding with the new Fresh soil I think your plants are going to take off.

Ok thanks. I have worn castings and some nutes I got from ILGM. Should I use any of that now?

1 Like