Newbe grower question on leaves

I just transplanted my 17 day old plant into a 5 gallon pot. I noticed some of the bottom leaves are turning a little yellow. Will try to upload a pic.

Here is a pic of my plant.

1 Like

Let’s start with this: please be as detailed as possible. If lights, WHAT lights, soil, WHAT soil etc. for us to be of help we need info.

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
  • Indoor or Outdoor
  • Light system
  • Temps; Day, Night
  • Humidity; Day, Night
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
  • Co2; Yes, No

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner :slight_smile:

Thanks!

2 Likes

What organic soil?

How many watts?

Are you feeding and if so with what?
Are you PH’ing your water/nutes?
Day/night schedule?

It’s easier if you go down the line and answer everything. It’s there for a reason.

2 Likes

I tried black gold once and no matter what, when I measured the pH of the runoff, it was well below 5. I couldn’t get it to rise so abandoned using it as a result. Others may have had success using it, I just worried that it wasn’t the right match for cannabis.

2 Likes

Assuming the PH meter is reading correctly a slurry test to make sure soil is in correct range then start watering at 6.5 PH. Likely a lockout causing deficiency. More light is going to be necessary soon.

Be cautious when watering as it can damp off the plants if kept too damp. Just allow plenty of time to dry between waterings.

2 Likes

Here is my Baby at 1 month old. Autoflower Northern lights, seed bank (ILGM). She is in Soil Black -Gold Natural-Organic. 5 gal fabric pot. Tap water Ph 7.3 Solution is Ph 6.2. Solution is PPM 527 (Growtime to start). Indoor 3x3 tent. Florescent T-5 H O (high output) 2ft. light 4-24 watt bulbs. Temp day high 70’s low 80’s temp at night low 70’s high 60’s. Humidity during the day high 70’s at night 50’s. 2 6 inch clip on fans. Humidifier. I noticed on one of the leaves like something was eating it i looked and didn’t see any bugs.

2 Likes

Can see some leaf damage in the first 2 pic’s. last 2 trying some LST

1 Like

You may need a jeweler’s loupe to see any critters, they can be very small. Look on the back side of the leaves and especially in the crease between the leaf and central stem. They like to hide in there.

One of the first things you may see are tiny dark spots, bug excrement.

2 Likes

First 2 pics that leaf damage appears to be related to the handles on your grow bag but def check for critters as per @merlin44 suggests. :+1::v:

Ok @merlin44 ty have one on the way. if i clip off that leaf will it help

TY @Oldguy other than that how do they look.

1 Like

It may help you inspect the leaf. taking the leaf off won’t solve the problem if you have one. The little devils travel all over the place.

1 Like

Ok @merlin44 just like my kids LOL

1 Like

Bend em. Stretch em. And they will thank you and ask for more. :grin:
Plants Look great. :+1::v:

Here is my baby at 9 weeks old i think she is looking good. I want to thank everyone who has giving me advice on my first grow. Looking forward to smoking her in a couple of weeks.

2 Likes

@Deepsix……. Well, I think you’re looking at more like a couple months, not weeks.

2 Likes

@RockClarke ok ty

Looking great! I was thinking the same as @RockClarke. It will be while before she’s done and even after that I would wait a month for proper cure. It really makes all the difference. By all means, test some along the way during the cure to notice the difference. I think you will agree that it’s much smoother after a month cure. Keep up the good work.

1 Like

@VTGROW ty i guess i’ll just have to wait to enjoy her.