Newb Ontario Outdoor grow

@Unicron , and sorry, when I say the “two stems at that node”, I mean the two stems where you would “top” at the very top vs where i indicated in the picture with the red line. Also, sanitizing all I use for my tools is some isopropyl alcohol so as to not chance infecting the plant.

Plant #2 is topped, interested to see the reaction.

4 Likes

@Unicron Fuck Yeah you did it. Devirginized you are now. Good job. Give it a couple of days to recover. I think you’ll like the results. I was checking my girls this evening, had done exactly what you just did. 2 of them I have to stand on my tiptoes to try to even get close to the stretch. I have 2 big main stalks coming from that Y I previously showed you and its filling in awesome at the top. I seem to have a lower canopy coming down below now. It’s going to be real interesting when they start packing on weight on these colas. Even just in one day since I switched to Bloom nutes I see a big difference. I can’t wait to see what yours looks like in about 3-5 days. Keep me posted.

1 Like

@Packof3 Excellent, thanks. Yeah I’ll definitely keep you updated. Hopefully it’ll inspire some nice growth. Thinking about plant #1, I might give a try with FIMing once it gains a suitable top.

So thinking out beyond recovery and more growth … the next big question. Assuming that I manage to keep things going, when would be the best time to transplant to their final pots (10g)?

@Unicron your in fabric pots right? What size?

Yeah, fabric pots. Currently in 2g, going into 10g. Just need to figure out the timing approximately.

I would perhaps cut down the side of the bag on one side and peel back and see if getting root bound. If it is, I would cut the other side and peel off the fabric pot and stick it in its finishing pot. Tough to get them out of fabric the pot in my experience. I wouldn’t use fabric until I’m repotting into its finishing pot.

@Unicron I may or may not be baked right now :wink:

1 Like

I saw a good trick which I think will help with getting them out of the pot. Basically put a slightly smaller pot (or anything with a similar shape) underneath the fabric one, then basically roll the pot down until its inside out.

I suppose I could roll down the side to check if the outside is showing roots, but I’m a little concerned that if it isn’t…it’ll come apart. At the solo cup stage, the recommendation was re pot when the leaves were as wide as the cup. Not sure that applies as the pots get bigger…

Just get it wet and be real careful with some sharp scissors. Work smarter not harder :wink:

1 Like

@Unicron rolling down the sides is worth a try, and will likely work. Worth a shot.

1 Like

Update on the topping for plant #2

1 Like

She’s recovering well.

@Unicron She is recovering well.

@Packof3 Excellent, I thought she looked happy glad to have confirmation. :slightly_smiling_face:

For #1, I decided that I would try the FIM technique and see the difference in response.

We’ll see how she responds.

2 Likes

@Unicron I can’t wait to see myself, as I don’t do that technique. If you have luck with it I’ll try myself on one of my young ones.

Girls got a haircut today

followed by a good watering and feeding with Bloom nutes. Looking sparse but they will rebound in a couple of days. Raining here off and on all day but humid.

One of the six is stacking up nicely. Farther along than the other 5 for some reason. As far as I know they are all the same strain (bag seeds), but maybe a rogue seed from some other bud, not sure. Either way they are all a mystery, and will be a surprise when ready for smokin’!

3 Likes

Uploading: 20210626_081323.jpg…
Uploading: 20210626_081314.jpg…
Uploading: 20210626_081230.jpg…
Uploading: 20210626_081252.jpg…
The babies are going along nicely over the last week. Had 5 but down to 4 as I had them outside and the fu@king squirrels got into them and ripped one right out of the ground.

@Unicron how are things looking today?