Beechnut Pharm Tales

The trichome pictures were taken using a microscope not the loupe pictured above. The bud looks like a possible foxtail but it’s on top not out the side so I’m not sure but it’s interesting to look at. You can see the two distinct sets of sugar leaf columns on the top. Apologies for the image quality.

3 Likes

Gave them some outside time yesterday

5 Likes

All the ladies got water and recharge this morning. Audrey 2 will be at 10 weeks tomorrow and the other two are 9 weeks on Friday. Hopefully I didn’t cut the feeding off from Audrey too soon. I’m really just guessing based on the way the trichomes are cloudy on the tops but the hairs are still more white than orange. Pretty sure it is too late to feed one more time and still have enough time left to only water the last 2 weeks. I’ll update with some pics later today.

3 Likes

Looks like you’re doing an amazing job… sure is a hell of a lot to learn…
Ain’t it?
Them buds look like they’ve got some heft to them. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Much to my horror, my wife squeezed a bud the other day to see if they were dense or airy. It didn’t give much so at least they aren’t too fluffy. Thanks, I appreciate that. I’m actually just flying by the seat of my pants and fortunate to have gotten a lot of good advice. Problem with complete ignorance is not knowing which questions to ask before beginning. Next grow will hopefully reflect the experience gained.

4 Likes

Don’t worry. You’ll learn something new every grow. Cheers!

3 Likes

5 Likes

Don’t I know it :slight_smile: don’t I know it…
Right there with ya my freind…
This place is great…
Us Newbs will get caught up in no time… it’s like a whole new language haha

2 Likes

Yup. Things like, get essentials before they are needed. Don’t believe everything you read on a label. Don’t be afraid to twist a top over 360* and bend it into an S at the same time to manage a substantial height difference lol. All the cautionary wisdom about autoflower had me worried that I made a rookie mistake in my selection but my experience with girl scout cookies extreme autoflower was easier than I expected and the plants withstood low pH and related nutrient deficiencies as well.

1 Like

Well said @Nowiseee which reminds me, I am thankful for everyone in the forum community who has answered questions, given advice and freely given their time to help others in need of guidance. Always patient, positive and eager to assist new growers. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone with the exception of those who do not celebrate the occasion. For those, Happy regular Thursday.

1 Like

Happy Thanksgiving to you too my friend

2 Likes

Hello and happy Saturday everyone. Today is feeding day for the two 9 week olds and water only for Audrey 2. Started with a thorough flushing for each then week 9 ff nutes, pinch of Epsom and recharge skinny girl and her little sister. They are also getting outside time today and the last 2 days to hopefully boost trichomes and terpenes by taking advantage of the mild autumn weather. Audrey is almost done and I took advice from the forum and cut five tops that were ready and leaving the lower bud to continue maturing. Hope it works out well but if she looks like she’s taking a turn for the worse I will just cut her down and start drying. Close enough that it would not be a major loss of potency and the other two are likely going to out produce her anyway. The buds on those two are twice as fat as Audrey’s were a week ago and looking nice and frosty.

Left to right: Skinny girl, Audrey 2, Little sister.
Little sister’s cola.
Skinny girls cola.

5 Likes

Correction…it was seven buds that got cut, including the cola.

Got some jars yesterday too. Can’t afford to spend money even on cheap stuff right now so I decided that I don’t really need to have the therm/hygro in the tent since the conditions in my house are spot on this time of year for their needs now. I jarred it with some larf just as a test run to get a feel for what dry enough to jar looks and feels like. It will go into the big candy jar with yesterday’s cuts and when they are humidity stable I’ll move them to the pint jars. Hopefully have some extra cash to get a pack off the mini hygrometers before the rest of the harvest.

4 Likes

Nice! Looking very frosty! Congratulations on the harvest:)

1 Like

Thanks @Leholf I’m very happy with the results. It’s an exciting time. Plant is taking it well and still has more to give, not to mention the other two are closing in on the harvest window too.

2 Likes

Audrey 2 has given her last and now there’s a little more room in the tent to get branches spread out more and let the light in.

4 Likes

Looks like she had some huge buds…
Enjoy.!

1 Like

Thanks @Nowiseee. I did 3 separate harvests on her. Here’s the rest.

5 Likes

I like recharge

1 Like

Outside day for some sunshine, fall weather and watering. They got fed w 11 full strength Thursday with recharge a pinch of Epsom and a little molasses. Gave them 1 1/2 gallons each of pH 6.8 water.

2 Likes