Meant to put this up with the last post
Decided to address the crowding problem
All this was jammed up in the middle not getting enough light and air. The girl scout cookies did the do si do.
Nice ! Yea that do sii has legs for sure , always a bit of a relief opening up more room, fine line between full and too full.
Are those certa tents?
Vivosun 2x3x5 off of Amazon. 4" ac infinity fan no carbon filter or ductwork to decrease efficiency. HLG 135 rspec light. 8" honeywell circulation fan strapped in the upper rear corner.
Nice , hlgs are fantastic lights
Decided the homemade twine net was in the way more than benefiting so out came the scissors. Pulled the one that was farthest left out and moved the middle and right over leftward then did a semi aggressive defol on the “skinny” girl that was the slow starter of the second pair I sprouted after losing 1 of the first pair to seed shell stuck on after breaking ground. I chose her to experiment with fim, supercropping, and now lollipoping. All the things you aren’t supposed to do to auto flowers. If she doesn’t handle it i’ll get the chance to properly distance the other two that are full and beginning to fatten up and really get the most out of the last few weeks of flowering.
Flying by the seat of my pants with the light a little bit. My phones a little bit too old or cheap to support the popular light meter apps and I’ve been on a tight budget for the entire run so I incrementally moved up and increased the intensity slowly over the weeks and just got it fully dialed to 100% a few days ago. Just been watching the girls to let them tell me when they needed more or less and made the adjustments. If you look back to the beginning weeks for example, I had about 1/2" node spacing and irregular non symmetrical growth with a few weird mutated leaves so I dug into the forum threads and concluded it was probably too much intensity and acted accordingly. She is the biggest fullest one now!! I didn’t dare dream of doing this well starting out. Again I have to give the majority of the credit to the members and moderators who have guided me every step of the way. Too many to name since virtually everyone has something useful to contribute in a positive environment. It’s been a blessing.
You will enjoy photos then , that’s where I feel the true benefits of training shine , seen heaps of pharmers train there autos with great success, I kinda think of them as fire and forget type thing so I don’t put extra time into them unlike my photo runs
Yeah plus it is almost winter here so no outside without greenhouse money.
Ha yea mate that’s why I don’t dare recommend good journals cause I don’t want to miss any of them but there’s just way to many to mention. Nothing better than an excellent grow on a tight budget, force’s resourcefulness and better plant reading practice
Seed shop kinda sugar coats for people like me who had only ever smoked it and knew nothing about the cultivation side. It’s salesmanship, no big deal. I learned the downsides in the forum after purchasing but I don’t feel like I made the wrong choice for the minimal amount of space I have available. Experience I’ll apply next run vegging photo clones in the tent. One or two outside and possibly one inside.
Ahhhhh seed shopping:) I can spend hours visiting online shops and reading all the write ups , no wrong choices really man you’ll figure out your own groove no doubt at all.
No need with cuttings available for free locally. A little advance notice and a short drive away. Gorilla glue #4 I think is the current one available with future variety but all from good verifiable genetics. Just blind chance lucky meeting. Very smart person sharing great information and advice.
The colas and one top that looks really nice on a middle branch in the first pic. Took the skinny girl out for cool afternoon sun today and the other two girls got some breathing room and light penetrating where they usually don’t get any. Definitely nicer to be able to turn them to inspect and spread LST. There was another cola pic but it didn’t upload
Saturday morning and all the girls got a 1/2 strength feeding with tsp of Epsom and recharge. Gave each about a 1/2 gallon of ph 6.8 water only then split a gallon of nutrients mix mostly between the younger two. Saved about 12-16 oz of the nute mix and fed to the oldest followed 1/2 gallon of pH 6.8 water and recharge. That’s going to be the last feeding for the big girl, aka Audrey 2. I’ll be harvesting her within a week or two at most ( I think). Found a decent 20x / 60x loupe at a hobby store for $10.00 and the trichomes on the tops are mature enough to take her now honestly but I don’t see any amber in numbers yet so I’m gonna shoot for about 20% amber overall to let as much lower bud mass develop as possible. The other two girls are about to get some much needed room to spread out for their last couple weeks too and I’m interested to see how much they respond to the extra light on the lower areas where crowding was keeping them shaded.