Beechnut Pharm Tales

Thanks!

1 Like

Better view of the harvest ( minus about 3 grams of lowest buds)

3 Likes

Dosido is pretty much ready. Did the final flush today and will probably cut next weekend or early next week. Smoking some of the lower growth from the strawberry og cookies and the buzz is great. The grass/hay smell is mostly gone but I don’t know how to describe what I’m smelling. It actually reminds me of latex paint smells which is weird and unexpected but it’s not actually unpleasant. I dunno, it’s not fruity, skunky, piney and definitely not a hint of strawberries but I don’t really ever expect things to smell or taste exactly like the name. Still has that green harshness that only time will cure so I’m not going to comment on flavor yet. Cut a sample bud from the dosido so there’s a preliminary smoke report coming for this soon too.

4 Likes

Harvest plans for this weekend for the dosido auto.

Planet of the Grapes clones were brought home yesterday evening and planted in. I’ll up pot in a couple weeks. Plan is to keep the best and give one away so that will determine which goes into a rain science 5g and the give away in 3g fabric cube. The pennies are my goofy quick fix for the green algae that came with them all over the top surface of the root plug. They use copper nowadays to prevent roof fungus and algae so it might work. If not I’ll get some cap’n jacks.

3 Likes

Great job!
Sure doesn’t look like newb work though lol

1 Like

Thanks. I don’t think I can change the title of my journal. Maybe one day start a new one with a more confident title.

1 Like

After looking at this month’s BOM entries so far i decided to take the humorous approach rather than trying to compete for real.

Going for the micro bud of the year!!!

3 Likes

I can, just gotta tell me what you wanna rename it. :v:

2 Likes

I decided on " Beechnut Pharm Tales ". A trillion thank yous @Graysin.

2 Likes

Changed. :v::100:

1 Like

For the first time since the very first plant harvest of my first grow, I culled the prime tops and left the lower growth. Most, if not all of the larf will be for edibles but they are still chock full of clears. Since the clones are sharing the space I only did 10 hours of dark just for last night and set it back to 18/6. Jug domes will come off when I take what’s left of dosi, when I can take the tent humidity back up 30% (70’s).

3 Likes

Planet of the Grapes clones are happy to be out from under the plastic jug domes. Perlite arrived today so I can get the transplants done by the end of the week.

2 Likes

All set

3 Likes

I took a risk putting the dosido into the bags early because the humidity is very low and basically I have mold on my best tops in 2 bags. I have a bagful of middle buds that are fine. The lower growth that I left to ripen an extra two weeks is supposed to all be for gummies but looking like I might have to dip into it before I get to another harvest. It’s not very much mold and they are sitting out open air drying but I don’t know how they can be salvaged. Smoking or vaping risks serious respiratory problems from inhaling spores and although that risk doesn’t carry over to edibles, there will be unwanted flavor. Not good.

1 Like

Some reading is telling me no go on trying to salvage even slightly moldy, including ingesting so I guess I just half my stash to a bad decision. Damn shame since all I had to do was take them back out of the bags and dry a little more. Put all my attention in not over drying and learned a hard lesson.

2 Likes

You can use ethanol to extract the THC, otherwise I wouldn’t take the risk. QWET is fairly cheap and easy and a good way to utilize compromised bud though. You will want to decarb the QWET after extraction though, not before, I think, which is atypical.

@Caligurl any thoughts about using ethanol extraction to save some mold compromised thc?

3 Likes

I would never tell anyone it’s ok to use cannabis infected with any mold… and definitely not with botrytis (bud rot)… even as edibles. What I do for me with botrytis is throw it out… period. WPM on the other hand, I do a h2O2 bud wash after harvest, however, I wait until about a month after CURE (not dry) and put it under a scope very carefully… If I don’t see signs of WPM, I will use it in edibles made with QWET but only consumed by myself… never give to anyone else. I know my body is ok with it but most people have never tried it out. There is an old foraging saying ‘when in doubt, throw it out’!!! Not worth it

There had to be spores in place when you put them in bags or you wouldn’t have mold appear out of nowhere. That’s why I always scope my buds randomly to check for mold befor bagging.

2 Likes

:100: makes total sense to me.

3 Likes

I had the same thoughts on extraction being the safest bet most likely but the everclear is not available at any ABC store in my area. Apparently a permit is needed so it’s more for laboratory use and such. Only way I know to get it is to drive to a neighboring state. Even then, the bud smells like a wet crawl space or basement so I suspect it would carry over even if I dab it so it is likely headed for the trash can.

3 Likes

You can get food grade ethanol on Amazon. I, personally, have to go to Nevada to buy it… luckily it’s only a 1.5 hour drive and I go there for work a lot so the gas is even on their dime LOL

3 Likes