Newb just trying to keep a couple plants alive

Well dosi still has another 4 weeks likely but it doesn’t end. This is grow #4. Expecting planet of the grapes clones soon for the next one.

1 Like

It seems like there is always another grow around the corner.

3 Likes

That’s a good thing. I try to keep it perpetual but not easy with the limited space and $.

3 Likes

I had a great set-up in the 80s. One in a dedicated closet for flowering and one in the crawlspace for cuttings (clones) and veg. I had two or three in the flower room all at different stages of flower and was usually harvesting one. It was a different time and we didn’t know what we know now. There were no autos, hybrids, or fems; only what we could get in buds. We got lots of seeds then, only they usually weren’t select genetics from seed banks like we have now. If you got something special, you wanted to keep it.

2 Likes

Fed dosi today and both got some sunshine for awhile. Strawberry is basically ready, I just want to give her a few more days to let the soil dry and let her deplete herself. Mid week likely. Weekend at the latest if it is too busy. I’ve been gradually defoliating the last couple weeks so I’m not really looking at much work out of this one anyway.

2 Likes

No pictures of dosi today, sorry.

Those buds look dank.

1 Like

They make me smile. Looking forward to trying some.

Dosido

Getting there.

4 Likes

I always enjoy reading a smoke report on cultivars that I haven’t tried yet. Oh who am I kidding, I like any smoke report.

3 Likes

I’ll try to give a decent smoke report. I don’t really have a great palette. I don’t always pick up on subtle flavors others claim to taste. Preliminary tests are mostly peppery and not detecting any hint of strawberries but a proper sample is a couple weeks away. I brought half a water heater box home from work to cover her up for the last hours of total darkness. Thanksgiving day chop day. No real need for further trimming until the buds ready to head to the grove bags so I’ll be knocking that out pretty quickly. Already have the curtain clips ready for hanging. I’ll post pictures after. Thanks everyone for following. I’m thankful for you, my grow community.

2 Likes

@OverallQuill80 I saw earlier in the thread that you put your plants outside for some real sun. I like to harden my plants so I can do that also, especially late in flower. I believe that the light intensity and diversity of the sun helps develop the terp profile and bud structure. Just bro-science, but prove me wrong. LOL

2 Likes

More for the convenience for heavy watering. Tiny tent makes it a PIA to do flushing, runoff collecting there so once they start needing more water I either take them outside or to the shower stall. I agree with you but don’t think they are getting enough time out there in my case to make a big difference from the sunshine. I do prefer outside when the weather is cool and sunny vs the shower without appropriate lighting. Easier to inspect and prune too. I also hope to gain a slight boost in resin production from exposure to lower temperatures but also the limited exposure time making it likely not to make a difference.

2 Likes

Yeah, I only put them out there if it is nice and sunny. I’m a weather watcher.

1 Like

I don’t ph plain water either. Not for seedlings. I figure, if they can’t handle water from the tap that I drink from there’s a problem!

2 Likes

Are those dos-si-do auto’s? I have a few going right now as well. Did your seeds grow at drastically different rates? Also I have one that looks like the one in your picture but it’s totally different from the rest? :person_shrugging:t5:

2 Likes

The bigger bushier one is a dosido auto from ilgm. The other is a strawberry og cookies autoflower from ethos genetics that was given by a friend who only runs photos. He was not interested in the bonus seeds and divided them 3 ways so I only had one of those. I have 3 more dosido seeds so the answer to the question will have to wait until I grow them but I’m not sure when that will be yet.

1 Like

Pictures as promised. Doesn’t look like much split up into two 1/4# grove bags. I can’t find the scale I borrowed last time so no idea on weight. Maybe by the time it’s dry enough for official weigh in I’ll find them and post a number.

Dosido day 80.

5 Likes

Did you dry them before sticking them in the bags?
They should be close to 62% RH before bagging or you could get bud rot or mold.
I dry them by hanging them first for about 5 days then put them in Tupperware with a small RH meter until they are 63% overnight then I weigh them and put them into bags.
I also heat seal the bags I’ve had a few OZ dry out closing just the zippers
Congrats on your harvest! :sunglasses:

1 Like

The humidity is low. They were drying too fast. I’ve experimented before with putting them in slightly early and wasn’t a problem. As for heat sealing, I don’t have one but also the buds won’t be around long enough for that to be an issue of concern. I have opened the bags once a day for air exchange until they are in the zone.

2 Likes