Newb help please

Hi all I am a newb sadly. I have had two successful grows a cherry breeze clone and a sluricane clone things went well. Now though I have 4 clones and a wee baby of a cutting from the previous sluricane, which I had trimmed off of her then threw into a cup of water and set in a windowsill and wow roots. Still being new ish I have run into something I’m not sure how to fix. I currently have 4 clones, 2 Dosidos 22 a runtz button and another sluricane. I am using Coast of Maine ( stonington) for soil I threw some worm castings into the mix also a little of the stonington lobster fert ( few pinches). I am growing in 2x4 tents, I have two of them but currently am crammed into one. Using spider farmer sf 2000 and sf 1000 along with the 30w uv bars have inline exhaust fan, and a small fan inside tent. Can someone please tell me what I’m looking at

3 Likes

We were all newbs at one time. Everyone here with experience are happy to help. You are in the right place.

The plants look decent. Don’t worry about the lower leaves. It’s normal for them to eventually yellow and fall off. Are you managing pH and PPM?

3 Likes

Are you using cal mag? You have some interveinal chlorosis which points to dosing with cal mag.

You’re going to have a muy crowded tent!

3 Likes

Thank for the response! I do ph my water and waiting on ppm meter to show up any day now.

1 Like

Be sure to test your runoff too. You are on the right track.

Thank you ! Yes I have used cal mag. Twice now once before transplanted and last night. They have been in the 5 gal pots for a week. I watered them with ph6 tap water left out to rid chlorine, cal mag, seaweed powder, roots Trinity

I have a second tent also with sf 2000 exhaust etc, circumstances being waiting on previous sluricane to make it to harvest then can move 2 of them in to it

Hi there. Your ph is low for soil. Try to get it to 6.5. Plants are looking good. Once u can check runoff, things will line up got you.

1 Like

Thank you

I’ve pulled some slurry test on the Stonington Blend straight from the bag and it’s hot and loaded, the extras you added wasn’t necessary. It’s recommended for clones, and transplants but not seedlings. I would add the calmag as @Myfriendis410 suggested with a water feed only to run off and test the PPMs and PH. The Stonington Blend is a great soil medium and generally feeds up to 6 weeks :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Nice so if I am hearing you right just run ph’d water and cal mag ( would soluble seaweed work as well? What about running roots organics Trinity? Or something like hygrozyme?) test my run off. I am drawn to super soil but have limited room, which brought me to consider stonington or purple cows indicanja. Waiting on tds meter to show up taking forever. Is it worth adding ewc to stonington or just use as is?

1 Like

I’m not familiar with those nutrients. I keep it simple using Jacks 321 in veg, jacks Bloom for the 1st 3 weeks of flower back to jacks 321 then jacks finish weeks 7-9 with a water feed the last 2 weeks before harvest. If you’re planning on an all organic grow, run off is not recommended :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Lotsa great advice and advice givers up in this thread! Welcome to the community!

2 Likes

Just use as is, it’s already mixed probably with plenty of castings.

In soil, monitoring pH, adding microbes and CalMag on occasion is pretty much all I’ve needed til nutes in the soil are depleted.

1 Like