Newb help leave tips curling and browning

The leaves towards the bottom are turning yellow and dying. She has been doing really good so far. Started off with only ffof and on week 4 fed 50/50 mix of Dr. Earth 4-4-4 and power bloom 3-9-4 for a total of 5 Tbpsps.

image|375x500

Uploading: C3BB0875-5B62-4FA2-97B1-AB2A10229C2C.jpeg…
Processing: 06DD8711-4CFD-4661-AC69-AF0195D0534E.jpeg…
Processing: 41325D54-51AD-4FA3-8947-0A92847DFF62.jpeg…
Processing: 5C6BC53D-636B-4FFE-A5AD-E9506F2E1EBF.jpeg…

Lowryder Autoflower from ILGM
-Age of plant/what week of flower
Planted July 5th began flowering Aug 3rd
-Method: FFOF Organic soil
-Vessels: Air pot 5 Gallon
-PH and TDS of Water, Solution, runoff
N/A
-PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
N/A
-Method used to measure PH and TDS
N/A
-Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space
Outdoor
-Light system LED, MH/HPS/CMH/Fluorescents
N/A

Always try to uplo in white light of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.
Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner

It may be bc its going into flower and those lower leaves fall off. I had the same problem and everyone just told me dont worry to much cause the rest of the plant looked great. I wouldn’t be to worried yet.

2 Likes

I would not be too concerned with those bottom leaves. It is normal for them to die off first since they are the oldest. You answered NA to the questions about nutrients. Are you giving any thing? FFOF can carry a plant quite a while but I would not want to push into late veg - flower. They need the most at this time.
This is from July 2021 grow weed easy article about cannabis nutrients
In other words, you want to use a “Vegetative” (high Nitrogen) or “general purpose” nutrient formula for the first stage of life known as the vegetative stage. If using high-quality soil, you can skip vegetative nutrients for the first 3-4 weeks while your plant uses up the nutrients in the soil, otherwise, you should start with vegetative nutrients around the time your plant opens its first leaves.

Example of healthy green cannabis plants in the vegetative stage. At this phase of life, cannabis only grows stems and leaves, which requires a lot of Nitrogen!

Use a “Bloom” (low Nitrogen) nutrient formula with plenty of P & K for the flowering stage. Start using bloom nutrients when buds start forming to make sure your plant gets plenty of Phosphorus & Potassium, which are crucial to bud development.

Phosphorus tends to increase the number of flowers, while Potassium helps increase the bulk/weight of flowers. Be careful, though because going overboard with either one can burn your plants!

The main thing is to avoid giving too much Nitrogen in the flowering stage, as it can discourage bud development and add an unpleasant taste to buds, which is why a general-purpose plant nutrient isn’t a good choice in the flowering stage.

In a pinch, nutrients for Shultz “cactus” or “succulents” can be used in the flowering stage until you get better nutrients because it contains low amounts of N and plenty of P & K.

1 Like

Whew, That’s a relief! I was worried I messed something up.

Yea this was my first post (long time lurker) and didn’t format the post properly. I put the nut info up top.

Started off with only ffof and on week 4 fed 50/50 mix of Dr. Earth 4-4-4 and power bloom 3-9-4 for a total of 5 Tbpsps.

1 Like

My oversight. Your plant didn’t look like it was starving.

I would top dress again maybe 1st or 2nd week of flower. I used FFOF and just the soil carried my ladies for 6 weeks. Here is a pic of mine a month into flower with just top dressing twice and some teas.

3 Likes

Those are looking great!

1 Like