New York Surveilance

@Mr_Wormwood :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: they aren’t looking for small time growers As long as you use your head

1 Like

:joy:I don’t think @Mr_Wormwood is to concerned.

@Mr_Wormwood one would think with a name like Smokin Joe’s we’d be in the money. 🤷

Told my guy it’s up there…he said well go find it then…lol

Yep I got my Smokin Joes card :grinning:

1 Like

Oh no! I’m an indoor guy so is be like that ain’t my tent :face_with_monocle::face_with_hand_over_mouth: but I don’t own so there’s that…

2 Likes

Amen to no Facebook.

5 Likes

I have it on good authority that the best way to not have to worry about internet surveillance is to stay off the internet.

Not posting on weed forums is a great start.

11 Likes

:laughing::rofl::joy::joy_cat::laughing::rofl::joy::joy_cat:

1 Like

Lol
ya think?

1 Like

Lol right I was like dang, we all effed!

1 Like

I ain’t sceeeeeared

1 Like

He is right but the actual amount of that information that is actually reviewed is miniscule. It is mostly recalled as evidence after an accusation, such as a terrorist or school shooter, suicide, murder, rape etc. With the amount of narcotics traffic through obviously controlled messenger servers such as Facebook there is still very little action, this information is used to reinforce an accusation not to imply one unless your googling how to drug and rape children on the daily…
And if you are can’t help but say you got it coming, come on the real “modern clandestine businessman” knows how to properly navigate the internet securely

2 Likes

They’re DEFINITELY data mining ALL citizens. Ever heard of MonkeyWerx on YT??? Check him out. You see the E3’s (AWACS) and some of the newer platforms flying “grid” patterns and he tracks ALL that stuff. I think, as others said, it’s more about “conspiracy groups” and “rebel rousers” if you will. MOST civilian helis do NOT have FLIR. Those are some SERIOUSLY expensive units. I could see civi helis having it if they do regular night flight transports, etc but even IF , THEY were to have seen your plants i doubt they’d stick their nose in it. MOST likely it was, as others theorized, them looking for bigger grows and yours got spotted and you were “the lucky one” to get a visit.

Last night, i was standing out by where the FRIGGIN’ MALE plant was that i cut up and yanked the other day, and i was listening to a Chinook. Anyone who’s served knows that bird has a very unique sound being twin rotor. I kept thinking “man that thing sounds low” … it was SO low, i couldn’t tell which direction it was headed but COULD tell it was coming from the river direction and TOWARDS me (kept getting louder, and LOUDER and LOUUUUUUDERRRRR). Like the OP said, it was just 100-200 feet above the trees LOWER than me, at bottom of the hill. As it came over it was maybe 75ft “above” and in front of me looking down the hillside at it going over in the pitch black of night. The front strobe flashing, and the rear red marker light were SO far apart was another reason I was able to tell just how low it was (besides the thunderously loud sound of it). Fighter jets fly runs over the river valley every thursday, and blackhawks and occasional Chinooks FLY around here, but NEVER that lower or on that trajectory. Heck i’ve even seen Ospreys flying over and there’s not a USMC base for 100s of miles from me. Closest would be Quantico and there’s no air station there… Anyway, there ARE weird things going on with surveilling but unless you’re actually SAYING things online that you KNOW would “trigger” yourself to get put on a list i wouldn’t get too worried about it.

3 Likes

I know that happens here in the UK. Keywords have always been monitored as have recurring combinations. We had a lot of trouble with terror groups. Bombs going off at key events either in the form of car bombs or concealed in bins, bags that sort of thing. So software programs to pick up similar is not beyond the realms of possibilities, particularly these days. Do I think they flew over yours on purpose, it’s a possibility as anything they do would be seen as training anyway. The size of your grow isn’t important to them either, it will just be marked down as another successful operation and marked up such. Lets face it, they’re getting paid anyway. Trouble is they now know where you are and won’t need choppers next time. The next visit will be a routine/follow up call and could prove to be a pia now :pleading_face:.

Ya ever look at the back of a twenty dollar bill man???

Ya ever look at it …… ON WEED!!!

7 Likes

Lol
I’m not disputing the information gathering part. Some of the other stuff simply sounds paranoid and far fetched to me

Kooky stuff man

5 Likes

Light me up!

7 Likes

They must not monitor online video game chatter then cause if you ever played CSGO or Halo or Call of Duty etc, you hear all kinds of plant the b0mb type stuff in those games

3 Likes

I live in an area that’s close to the coast and there’s private airports nearby …more than one and close enough …
They fly banner plants out of them also …and it seems like my area is some type of reference point even for the larger airports in the state …I have e everything flying overhead from commercial planes to private jets
Coast guard helicopters news helicopters …military presence of aircraft is high …just saying the name of any of these airports or military bases I live near would give my location away easily …

My point is there’s a lot of air activity around here
There’s a park and a church nearby that are also used as medi vac areas when bad accidents happen

I really believe the OP …experienced 2 seperate things occurring at the same time

Her googling how to kill and keep the plant
And some kind of report from a random helicopter or one that was intended to just go fly around and look for pot plants all day

I DO NOT BELIEVE …anyone sent a helicopter to her home because of her internet activity

That’s called Paranoid

Also if that was the case I’d have been busted by now …
I don’t use my phone for anything else but research and it’s all cannabis related …I’m on my own WiFi :…I text my friends that are interested pics and videos and constant conversations about what I’m doing …

Maybe I’m too careless?
But I’d be a poster child for what the original post is all about

5 Likes

Shit…people been googling pot related stuff since long before googling was even a thing

We’d all be busted

1 Like

Even for those waiting for states like NY to become legal before growing just imagine how many people are searching and reading in preparation even for a year from now if they’re not growing early……

Gonna need a lot more choppers and troops. :rofl:

3 Likes