New VIP custom mix packs from ilgm!

Hello all readers and moderators. I have a great idea for the perfect mix pack, its custom. You pick your 3 strains, and you get control of what 3 items you have been dying to try next.
So I know this business model wouldn’t be the best but you could do it for your VIP customers or pack on a little extra to the price for the hassle. Maybe i’m crazy but I would love that and you could kick it off with a contest to see who can show the best custom grow.

On a side note:
I wanted to start off by giving you and all the people on this form a big shout out and thanks for all you do. I read the forms daily and I wanted to post a suggestion but got side tracked by all the haters out there in this section. (May have to rename it to customer complaint section soon, j/k)

1 Like

@madman2022 so I’ve been perusing through the ILGM seed bank recently and all the combo packs seemed to have 2 strains I’d like but never 3 total lol. I love your idea!! @moderators lets add this suggestion to the next group chat lol!! It’ll ‘sell’ way easier and more plentifully than the calendar lol!!

4 Likes

Odd you took the thoughts out of my head. I keep trying to hit the jack pot with the mix packs but i just can’t get that 3 for 3 yet. Don’t get me wrong I have got the packs before, good deal, actually the best deal for the price if you’re wanting to try all the latest and greatest. :slight_smile:

@madman2022 I’m working through this mix pack now but was planning some future grows and was back scrolling again lol. Selecting your choice of 3 would be stellar! I’d personally be all over it.

@Fieldofdreams ok this is getting a bit weird because i’m did the same HA HA HA. I might be getting ahead of myself but I think i’m going to love the pack. However I will say I am a first-time grower and everyone seems to think the GSC are easy to grow but out of the 5 I got I only managed to keep one alive. Mostly on me as 3 of the 5 germinated. So i’m praying i can just manage a popcorn off the GSC to get a little taste. :grin:

@madman2022 If you’d like to see the journey I’m just now finishing up I can tag you over in my journal and you can see my 4 GSC from their beginning. They are what I won the BOM contest with in June. I’m trimming some sticky dank flower as we type lol. Little taste test you know?!

@Fieldofdreams Yeah man tag me, I wish I did a journal but where i was new to everything I didn’t know if I would have the courage or time but now I got several post of some of my ladies when I needed some help on some of these threads. My grow and setup is a hot mess but i’m getting better every day they stay alive. My BB is smell is knocking me down, eye watering when I enter the grow room so that is going to be interesting.

2 Likes

@madman2022 we’re growing as well as growing…

2 Likes

Asked and answered many times over the years. They’re not currently setup to offer this. Is not an admission that they would, but even if they wanted to would take several changes to how things are done.

1 Like

@dbrn32 still-it’s a pretty awesome idea. Could change the way the market currently operates and create a shift heavily, albeit temporary until everything readjusts, towards ILGM.

Cellular companies constantly redefine plans as they attempt to increase market share lol. Remember ‘roaming’? Thank god those days are over.

Industry leaders set the tone, everyone else plays catch up.

You’re not understanding. Matty and I asked for this in like 2017 and it was looked closely at. We got a fairly in depth explanation as to the how and why, and it’s unreasonable to do. We asked again little over year ago when the staff here was reconfigured and same reasoning applied. We probably weren’t the first to ask either, but it comes up several times a year every year since like it’s a grand new idea and every possible angle is pitched. Everyone involved on the business end would love to sell more seeds, trust me! It’s just not possible within how they currently operate. What we were told, is that if it became possible it would be considered.

Most probably don’t realize, but the current group of moderators works very hard for the membership here. Way harder than any group that I’ve been associated with, which is most of them. When was the last time the BOM poll didn’t go up within a day or two of closing? How long has the average winner waited for their prize? How about that member of the month award we hand out every month? Strain of the month? This all stuff brought by current forum staff, run nearly flawless, and supported by the seed shop. Prior, we ran one contest a month (BOM)and maybe one around Christmas if LW remembered it was Christmas and bothered to log in that month. Typical lead time on prizes was 3-6 months with some going much longer. Things aligned and we were able to get the right people in the right places and this stuff literally changed overnight. We added classified section that has been up for something like 8 months without a single issue even though my fearless leader claimed it wouldn’t work. I promise just as many people asked for that, and i spent hours working on it, that i would have much rather spent with my wife and kids. But membership asked, we pitched it, and then we made it happen. So please don’t think that we’re blowing you off or the seed shop is hung up on a little bit of money. We love all you stoners!

12 Likes

@dbrn32 bro that was a very thoughtful and in depth explanation. You mean we really weren’t the first ones to ponder getting exactly what we want lol? :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

Thank you for taking the time to put that response together. I agree, y’all as a group of mods are pretty great. And the site does work seamlessly. It really didn’t occur to me that this could be a reoccurring theme for you guys. My bad. I was just sitting here in front of a trim tray pondering the awesomeness of growing my own stash and thinking of my BOM and VMoM seed choices that I’ve been struggling to make when I saw this thread-as if my thoughts jumped straight from my noggin onto the screen lol.

That or I’m really baked tonight…… :wink: so please disregard my ramblings here, I appreciate all that y’all do for us. I’m very glad I found this space and get to be a part of it. Seriously

3 Likes

We obviously agree that a lot of people would find it very beneficial. Just something we can’t help with.

6 Likes

@dbrn32 all good here bud!! I’ve pretty much already decided if/when that VMoM issue gets itself worked out that I’m going for Wedding Cake anyways. All that chatter and I’m not even gonna end up with a threesome, what the hell right lmao!!! Apparently I’m a pain in the tookus……

2 Likes

I think its a good idea as i have said this before but it caused a can of worms to open up .im all for the idea

1 Like

@dbrn32 HEY BIG HUG for ya here. Trust me I deal with clients in my line of work who do EXACTLY the same thing. Ask for same thing OVER and over again, so much so you sometimes get numb to the response.
I’m a newbie here and guess I didn’t do my research before posting, sorry about that, I didn’t mean to cause any kind of PTSD or tigger any bad memories. :crazy_face: I have some things at work myself if someone says a key word i have to like take 5 mins for myself ha ha ha. So that hug is for you and your family.
I get how complex the business model must be and how its growing and changing everyday. I think the best part of the whole store is getting to talk to people like you who work on the inside and get to be involved with changes for the customers. I agree with you about how difficult it can be to work with upper management and leadership, sometimes they can get out of touch with the client base just because they just sit and look at charts and reports all day, we do what the numbers tell us they say. But sometimes people like you have great ideas that DO work because you think outside the box, so thank you for doing things you believe in man don’t ever stop doing that, never let anyone tell you it can’t be done if you believe in it. (unrelated to the mix pack question here).
So lastly, I will play devil’s advocate here and answer my own request. Just because the customer wants something doesn’t always mean they are right. Understanding the business model, the regulations, technical capabilities of the current infrastructure take understanding on how one simple change like this request could cause ripples throughout the business. Based on research, limitations, and manpower it’s not cost effective to make such a change, but the feedback is always welcome. :heart_hands: :+1: :money_mouth_face:

3 Likes

@Fieldofdreams LMAO the threesome part got me giggling, your no pain in the tookus, it was my post so i’m the pain in all this he he. But hey I got a new friend out of all this and on top of that he is a Valued Member of the Month.
I feel like I already got a special deal talking to you guys, they can keep there threesome. :rofl: :joy: :fist_right:

3 Likes

@madman2022 thank you. Did you get the tag I sent you?

1 Like

Sure, did man i’ll keep checking in on you over there.

2 Likes

It would be cool to do a moderator pack where each mod gets to customize a 3 pack like “dbrn32” 3 pack would feature @dbrn32 favorite 3 strains? I think it would also help advertise the forum here as well and peak curiosity.

Also maybe a bud of the year 3 pack.

Even doing a limited addition 3 pack would be fun… maybe each mod takes turns creating a 3 psck and once its gone its gone :thinking:

4 Likes