New/Used 9x5 Tent issues

So a friend of mine gave me a 9x5’ grow tent about 6 months ago thats just been sitting in the shed because i had no room at the time and no way of knowing its origin. My friend didnt know anything about it because someone gave it to him and he didnt have the room. Either way its used, and my first thought was spidermites.

So after 3 months of sub zero temps outside, and a thorough scrubbing of all tent poles inside and out. Treated with 70% alcohol to kill any potential mites and eggs. Scrubbing the entire canvas, seams, and zippers with dawn dish soap. It dawned on me that there are no connector fittings and its just poles and a tent. 6 hours of meticulous cleaning and a smile on my face because im certain ive gotten rid of whatever it might have had wrong with it, wiped from my face.

I contacted the guy i got it from and he might possibly have the fittings still and just forgot them that day.

Also i said gave it to me, thats not entirely true. He wants to know what id offer him for it because its too large for his house, and he is trying to get started growing indoors. Im not really sure what to offer if anything at this point. It was filthy, had obvious pest issues, smelled reminiscent of a bug bomb when i first recieved it and took me 6 hours of intense cleaning so far with another 8 hours of cleaning expected after i get the fittings and can set it up. Its an off brand from what i can tell, i see no label or markings of anykind, no idea if it has light leaks yet. It has semi-circle ventilation screens instead of the standard rectangle style. Steel poles, nice zippers.

Can someone help me identify the brand so i can figure out its retail cost and figure out a resonable price to offer.

1 Like

I think you will have to look into some different options. You’re talking about the corner connectors right? With the 3 ends? Gonna be tough to find/get. Maybe @CoyoteCody has some ideas in terms of 3d printing new connectors. Idk how you’d manage the snaps though. Maybe pvc fittings of some sort and a strong binder. Haven’t seen any blue/black tents.

If you know or can find out the size of the poles you might be able to match them with a different brand, who knows if the buttons/snaps will line up.

3 Likes

My buddy said he thinks he has them. Just waiting for him to get back with me to be sure. Theyre the same size as my ACI poles im pretty sure. So i think i might be able to get some aluminum connectors or pvc if theyre not there or all there.

And niether have i as far as the blue black goes. Ive searched all over.

3 Likes

Well I hope it gets straightened out for you. :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

If i printed them they would have to be quite a bit thicker than the originals so it would be a tight fit with the tent skin.

1 Like

They sell them on Amazon. You’d just need to know the size, and how many.

2 Likes

It might not be pretty, but if the reduced diameter of the pole where it fits into the fittings is close to a PVC size, with a little duct tape and ingenuity, you can probably assemble it with PVC fittings as the tent itself will actually hold most of the poles in place once it’s fully assembled…

If I was to 3d print new ones, I would go with a high infill inside fit fitting vs outside slide-over, that way the size doesn’t grow…

This is for PVC, but it’s how I would approach 3d printing replacement parts as an inside fit 3-way joint for 1/2 inch pvc pipe by spaide98 - Thingiverse

That said there are some public 3d printable replacement fittings to be found on some of the 3d repository sites, they might be worth a try…

3 Likes

Good idea!

2 Likes

Vivosun sells replacement poles and connectors.

2 Likes

With the tent being in such bad shape as far as cleanliness and the time you spent and then to find out the connections were not present, I would offer him 10 bucks or a cola after your grow and get creative with the connections if he doesn’t have them.

2 Likes

I would give it back to him and get an ac infinity one. Great quality and cheap enough

1 Like

I swung a deal like that, gave some buds away from a couple grows, no money changed hands. It was totally worth it and still paying off

1 Like

@Dieselgrow1031 I have an ac infinity 4x4 complete and a 2x4 spider farmer complete. This is all steel construction, thick and has heavy zippers so im feeling confident. Its about 50 buck for fittings and my buddy didnt have the parts so he doesnt want shit for it. So ill bless him once the parts come in, and its proves legit, or he will have a clean tent that he owes money for new parts.

2 Likes