New to this please help

Ok guy after ur advice I am now looking at either the maxsisun pb4000 or the bestva ce4000 both avail through Amazon great reviews on pb4000 but not so much withe the ce4000 but what I was able to find. It did do well in a 8x4x6 grow space both options are also at about a 400.00 price point the sf4000 is a option as well as its not to far above that so opinions please @Hellraiser @Teffygreenthumb and I’m also looking at the infiniti fan as well @EYE69MYSELF or is this one ok

1 Like

Not sure on that fan. The Infiniti is nice because of the control unit and it monitors your heat and humidity. The only thing is you have to get a carbon filter and ducting with the Infiniti because it doesn’t come with any bit still worth it.

Your going to the same place either way weather it’s a kit (boo) if separate. The infinity is just a great fan and quiet. The kits mostly aren’t. You can buy the infinity with just speed control and save 50 bucks.

2 Likes

If you have to sacrifice quality on parts of your setup due to budget it’s not a big deal. I would buy a great light and upgrade everything else as you go if you must. And it’s technology top of the line is out of date in 12 mths with advancements.

4 Likes

I did just that, but it cost me extra in the long run.

1 Like

I’ve seen some bad feedback on Maxsisun lately. Spider Farmer is better and not much more expensive. You can also find custom built, unbranded lights on Amazon that use the same components as the big brands at a fraction of the cost.

Buy you a sound deadener kit peel and stick put it all over the outside housing of the fan . You can buy it at the auto parts people use it for classic car floor pans and firewalls for noise . Good luck with that noisy fan !

Thanks I’ll have to try it out! Noise isn’t too big of a deal for me we don’t get much company but my wife does moan about it on a regular haha

1 Like

I installed on mine a couple years ago and it does make a difference.

1 Like

@ dbrn32 ok guys I know I’m getting on ur last nerve with light my budget is the problem ill latter upgrade to the hlg 550 but these are my options

cant lie this is a very good light by specs and reviews problem for me is this is about 560 and if im going to pay that much on my budget might as well got withe the hlg for 710 380 340 400 310 360

I may be wrong (it’s been known to happen occasionally :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:) but the par map for the Taurus looks like bs to me. Those are insanely high par values around the edges.

1 Like

I was thinking the same thing thats why I tagged dbrn32

1 Like

@dbrn32 tagged u wrong first time need on this one

Imo lower the price the bigger the risk.

This is usually my line of thinking. We all have some sort of budget constraints too. Problem is spending $400 now and $700-800 is more hurt on budget than just spending the 700-800 up front. I think you just need to take hard look at your options and make decision that’s easiest to live with moving forward.

I’m not sure about climate where you live, but if you’re planning on a budget light that will eventually be replaced, what abouy going hid? A 600 watt hps setup can usually be found for couple hundred bucks. Going into winter months, most of us could make one work.

2 Likes

@dbrn32 well I have been toying with this in my mind for weeks now and I ready to get started and I have used all u guy input to influence my decisions so I have gone with the maxsisun pb4000 4x4 tent ac infiniti 4"inline with temp control 2 6" hurricane clip fan one for the bottom and top got all testers and monitors coco for medium unless other wise suggested bloom nuts and bud candy going with white widow, chesse,Gelato, and banana kush autos. Maxsisun will later become my veg light in another tent after upgrade wish my luck guys will be posting pics with progression

2 Likes

Ok everything has arrived and is all setup just trying to make sure I can maintain a good temp and rh before I get get my lady’s going currently at 80 with 46% rh are these good number or what should I be shooting for
Ans this is after running setup for about 20 mins

My temp has gone up to 86 and the rh down to 40 percent any suggestions guy @Hellraiser @Audiofreak
@dbrn32 @AloysiusDevadanderAbercrombie @SKORPION the ladies are still not there as of yet as the her temp and lower rh scared me

1 Like

Higher temps tend to drop humidity , my advice get the temp down in the room and it should settle. May have to bump up the exhaust fan, wish it was a 6 inch a 4 will work a lot harder to handle a 4x4 space.

Not sure how to bring the temp down will hang the a wet towel offsetting the temp as well have bring the rh up

If lowering the temp doesn’t work look for a small fan to use as a intake I would get a six for exhaust and use the 4 as a intake if not look for a booster fan that you can use a intake and keep the 4. Also a box fan can be used at the intake port until you get something.

1 Like