New to the forum but not to growing

The past week has been more busy than… naaah… Who am I kidding? Just another busy week. A lot to update though.

From the beginning, I only wanted 4 plants. The Bloomplus light is better suited for a 3×3. I’m only slightly bigger than that at 1sq meter. I’m used to the tent becoming a jungle though and I’m trying to avoid that from now on. I’ve also been thinking more about growing organically. Ran across Buildasoil on yt and decided to give it a try.

So!.. Things have worked out for the best. I talked my brother into taking 2 of the girls. Unloaded the extremes on him :rofl:. Gsc3 and Rutz4 lol. If you’ve been following along you’re laughing too probably. I’ll try guiding him in the right direction. Plus it gives me a chance to work with the smaller light I bought. I’m “letting” him use it. Ok, I took everything over before he got home. Removed 1 of his 2 blurple lights and put mine in there :smirk:. He’s confused lol…where is the veg/bloom switch?:roll_eyes: I want to show him how effortlessly he can grow quality cannabis. Don’t worry, I took cuttings.

1 Like

And then there were 4…

It was transplant day on Monday. I decided I would try some buildasoil products. So for 2 plants, Runtz #3 and GSC #5, I transplanted into…

This is a water only living organic soil. I plan to top dress with…

While I was at it…

Nothing what so ever against FoxFarm. Just wanted to try something different and organic.

For the remaining plants in my tent, I’m sticking with ocean forest and the trio. I think I mentioned calmag before. Technically it’s CALiMAGic from GH. Had some leftovers from my hydroponic “experiment” lol. Also some of their Armor Si. Not much of either. I’ve barely given any nutrients so far. Last time I did, I ended up with some ph issues. Guess I let the probe dry out. The Hanna combo served me well, but this grow I’m investing. So…

That’s about it really. Still dialing in, very small adjustments at this point. And…still working on my ventilation system. Nights have already been cooler here lately and I’d like to take advantage of that.

Welcome to 6 weeks veg

2 Likes

Light is 24" from canopy but a little more intense now.

I still want to calibrate my phone’s ambient light sensor to the ppfd meter app I downloaded. Or just buy a bluetooth meter. For now though, I’ll stick with Bloomplus recommendations as a guide.

We’ll see how they do over the next week and decide whether to veg longer or flip.

I am going to stay out of the VPD and leaf temperature discussion this time. But I will say that you need to do two things before trying to stay on track with VPD.
1 Obtain correct ventilation through the tent.
2 Be able to control lung room temperature to within a couple degrees and the humidity within 5%.
After looking at you venting pictures one thing jumps out at me. If you are running 4 inch flex duct more than six foot runs. You should consider using 6 inch flex or 4 inch smoke pipe, (straight type). The problem with flex duct is that it creates little eddies at the ribs as the air moves through it. The more air you try to push through it the worst this eddy effect becomes, and reduces the active diameter of the duct.
I have had very good results by using 4 inch fans and 6 inch flex duct.

1 Like

Here is a picture of my ventilation system. The 6 inch insulated flex duct is so much quieter than the 4 inch standard flex was. Also I really like having both the intake and exhaust on it’s own speed controls. At max fan speeds it is delivering two changes of air per minute. Most time they are at about 1/2 speed.
The intake fan is ducted to the floor level in a closet on the finished side of the basement. The exhaust is ducted into the garage side of the basement.

2 Likes

@Ickey I’m familiar with eddy current, as an electrical loss :grin: Didn’t know about the flex duct. It’s 6" btw. I had it laying around but did buy galvanized duct pieces where I saw fit. My setup is still under construction :joy:…no pictures please. You don’t want to see it at the moment.

Yeah…the vpd thing is new like most everything about this grow. In my quest to learn about growing this wonderous plant, I came across some info on it. Who wouldn’t want to do that? Anyway, I’m at least pretending everything is all dialed in. Getting there, but working a lot of different angles this grow. Weather is getting better at night, so it’s all being considered in my design and construction. Thanks for stopping in…:v:

@Beefy your girls look very nice. Your definitely doing it right!! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Looking beautiful

1 Like

Thank you @Fieldofdreams and @SilvaBack203 !!!

Day 2 of flower!!
We made it,…finally!:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

It’s going to be more work keeping the canopy even, I’m sure, but a little training wire, and it’s good for the moment.

2 Likes

I decided to use the top dress and craft blend on all of girls. I will try to get by on this and a blend of Armor Si, CaliMagic, Big Bloom and some FloraBlend, FloraNectar, hint of Floralicious Plus. :grin: We’ll see how that goes lol.

I have taken cuttings from all 6 of the plants I started with. Now that I’m all setup, it will be interesting to see what can be done with a 2nd run.

2 Likes

Day 8 of flower comes to an end. We’re filling in now. The next week or so should be interesting. Will the Runtz fight for space? Probably, lol. Will GSC Dominate the tent? Looking that way. Will I struggle to keep the canopy even? Hasn’t been horrible so far.

I’m finally at 100% with the light at 22"-24" above canopy. I’ll keep this distance and allow them to get closer a little at a time over the remainder of the grow. Trying to get them on the same watering schedule is another goal. They want what they want…:man_shrugging:

4 Likes

The learning curve was sharp but I had an aggressive approach and I think we got this. I’m just anxious to see the results of my efforts :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Looking good @Beefy!

1 Like

Those girls are looking good

1 Like

@new2-420 and @SilvaBack203 Thank you both. I think so too and they have had almost 0 bottled nutes. The only thing they have had, since a light feeding ph’d with my bad probe lol, are the buildasoil products and the products I last listed. I’d like to just wait for them to show me what they need.

1 Like

Good looking grow! I just skimmed through and it looks like there’s some good info in here. I’ll be checking in to watch the progress.

2 Likes