New to the business

Right so at this point we are guessing just to guess safe to say there is gonna need to be alot of light

1 Like

Again @Niala the number of plants wasnt mentioned at this point we don’t know need more info…

1 Like

For sure we do not know how much plant he intend to have however he did mention that he want all the area covered :wink::innocent::v:@Majiktoker

:triumph:Again as I have already mentioned the number of plants depends on how much light :angry: , an increase of plants your gonna need more light. At this point we know about area its now about how many plants

1 Like

Checking in on my lunch break, and chiming in because this one won’t take very much time. @Niala is correct, 18 square meters is 193.75 square feet.

Let’s round up to 194 sq.feet, assuming they will fill this space with plant canopy, 194 multiplied by 50 watts is 9,700 watts. However with most decent LEDs, you only need about 35 watts per sq. ft. And with exceptional LEDs you only need about 25 watts per sq ft.

194 multiplied by 35 = 6,790 watts

194 multiplied by 25 = 4,850 watts

I’d say shooting for about 5,000 to 7,000 watts of LED is a safe bet.

Happy growing,

MacG

4 Likes

Lol :grinning: don’t be mad @Majiktoker and don’t loose patience it’s only a healty discussion :wink::innocent:

Am I wrong 3.37 feet per meter ?

1 Like

But again @Macgyverstoner, the more plants you add the more light will need to be added and this person has not mentioned how many plants they want in this area, they just said they want as many as they can get…well that’s not a direct answer there for yes we have lighting for area I understand that but what we don’t have is lighting for plants presumably because there is x amount of plants we werent given a total number.

Just for example so humor me @Macgyverstoner and @Niala could you grow 5 plants with one 60 watt cfl. Answer is simply no because there is not enough light…see where im coming from like I said I just used that as an example so please humor me for a moment

1 Like

Sorry, but these numbers are assuming the max plants squeezed into this area, or a full scroged canopy filling the area.

~MacG

1 Like

See now being specific like such helps…and goes alot further, could make a conversation that much shorter :slight_smile:

You’re absoletly right :+1::ok_hand::v:

I was pretty specific in my first response.

Sorry, now I got to run. Later.

~MacG

1 Like

Ok then I’m coming up with with 60.66 square feet ? Calculation 3.37x18 =60.66 ?
I’m not looking to confuse or Argue with anyone just trying to figure out where my math differs from yours lol

Ok one more before I go, you are forgetting, even rounding down to a square yard, there are 9 square feet in a square yard and 10.76 sq ft. in a square meter.

~MacG

Here’s a link with a downlable PDF for square meter to square feet
https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://courses.learninglibrary.com/TLLFlash/ASIAPacific/PDF/Conversion_formulas.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwiJlMS0udHRAhXJ7YMKHdX0ASMQFggcMAE&usg=AFQjCNF5l_6KGbvdWjTNahSmvH0nUb65Zw&sig2=iWgvjCH_jOJQS5S0E596ZA

The rule is 1 square foot = 0.0929 square meter :wink::innocent:

Cool Thanks @Niala
I figure square footage out all the time but some how I’m getting lost in the conversion?
Anyway I’ll just stick to square feet and my tent lol
Can’t upset anyone that way lol

I have to wait 3 minutes for new “like” again :wink::innocent: so :heart::+1::v:, you’re welcome :grinning:

2 Likes

Only 3 minutes lol I have to wait 22 minutes
:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::+1::+1::+1::+1::v::v::v::v:
There I’ll just use my own hearts lol
Thanks again

2 Likes

@Countryboyjvd1971 @Niala No worries i got my like back, so you are both covered

Thanks @bob31