New to the business

Hello everyone, i’m looking to start side business and about to get into setting up stage of my indoor growing room from scratch. Honestly i red Roberts’ twice but still far away from the idea of the right set-up. Good thing that i already got the space 18 sq/m of working area, other good thing that i have around 3 grands to work with.
I figured that the most important thing is lighting and want to ask your suggestions on what light to choose because it’s the biggest investment ill make. I will definitely go with LEDs and unfortunately can’t order from the Amazon because most of the lights are not delivered to my country.
So i have 18 sq/m and want to cover all of them with plants of skunk for the beginning. Please your suggestions. Bellow the light i found for now, will it work and be enough for all stages ? How many of them i need? if you think there are better leds please advise.

Thanks

1 Like

You will need about 2 of those to cover your entire area, will it be enough, well that depends on how many plants your wanting to grow in that area also you have to consider ventilation for your plants

thanks for your response but i didn’t get two of how many watts you suggest, i will try to have as many plants as i can fit in and will also try to apply scrog method as well. I will be growing in the room with two windows, should i put fan on each window, what i should put on the walls for better reflection.

Thanks

Yes put a fan in each window they’ll need the air circulation, you’ll probably need 2 1000 leds @Niala has a link for 2 king led lights for $119 both 1000 Watts, however leds have true wattage which are usually half of the advertised wattage. You’ll need 50 Watts per sq meter so in terms with a 1000 watt led that’s 500 true Watts that’s only gonna cover roughly 10 sq meters.

As for what to wrap on the walls, again this is a good reason to have ventilation, you can use mylar wrap, its $35 for a roll of it and it reflects 99% of the light

2 Likes

It’s 119$ for the 600 watts and it’s for 1😉, the 1000 watts are 154.66 $ here’s the link

https://www.amazon.com/Double-Specturm-Greenhouse-Flowering-Growing/dp/B0185OLBPK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1484933768&sr=8-1&keywords=king+plus+led/?tag=greenrel-20

Aha I new you’d show thanks for the correction and the link

1 Like

Lol however I did not read totatly the tread (my mist ) and apparently amazon do not deliver in his country but it’s ok since the link he as post show me that the Diamond led are made by the same manufacturer as King plus and have the same specs :wink::innocent:

1 Like

So the lights you have pulled up if they are cheap enough get 2 1000 watt led lights

Sorry to have mention you in the third person :innocent: @energyjudo and welcome to ILGM Forum :person_raising_hand: :innocent: :v: And for 18 square meter you’ll actually need near 9700 watts so you’ll need 9-10 of 1000 watts Diamond led

It’s in meter @Majiktoker sorry to correct you :v:

He have nearly 194 square feets to cover :wink:

Sorry to correct you but I have posted correct information above @Countryboyjvd1971 was teaching this to some one earlier or yesterday :smile: and i know its in meter all the math is broke out above…

The rule is not 50 watts / square feet ?

1 Like

You sure about that, me and other members will tell you otherwise, now your contradicting me which im not very fond of maybe some of the staff agrees @garrigan62 will agree to 50 Watts per sq ft im pretty sure…I’ve seen him mention it as well

1 Like

That’s exactly what i’m saying the rule is 50 watts / square feet, he have 194 feet square feet to cover just do the math @Majiktoker , i do not want to dispute, just to be accurate here I do not want to huff you, if I did i’m sorry :frowning_with_open_mouth: :v:

Looks like we both need to redo math its 324 ft to cover, still 2 1000 watt leds will be enough to cover that. If 1 1000 watt off brand led can cover a room 4’ x 3’ x approximately 5 1/2’ than 2 can definitely cover his area, now if he decides to cram 10 plants in that area than he’s gonna need Atleast 4.

Also above you just said that wasnt the rule? About 3-7 posts up just thought id mention that

1 Like

Doing a quick calculation useing 3 feet =1 meter
I’m aware it’s 3.2 feet per
You would need ruffly 2700 watts lol
I think you all got confused with the conversation
Not sure if I’m helping or not
Also @Majiktoker I think @Niala was questioning if that’s the rule or not

2 Likes

Not exactly because there wasnt a said amount of plants to be in that area so we don’t know how to go about determining light need more info an increase of plants is an increase in lights…

Sorry @Niala if I misinterpreted

1 Like

Agreed just working with info provided brother :+1::v:
Maybe 50 watts per square foot of canopy would be better explanation?

1 Like

18 square meter is exactly 193,75 square feet × 50 = 9687.5 watts needed :innocent: