New to iglm. Not to growing

Is it on a 40 amp breaker?
I believe you only need #8 copper for 40 amp service.
Perhaps just do a clean #8 run from the main panel.

1 Like

So it’s an old 6awg to new 8 awg on a 40 amp breaker.

1 Like

Welcome.
In terms of having a good smooth grow and really nice bud can’t go wrong with ILGM Northern LIghts. AK-47 put out some really nice buds and was trouble free. Currently have Purple Kush and Purple Haze going. Fantastic plants and I hope the buds follow suit.
This is a purple kush 4 weeks 12/12

Speaking of needing an electrician. I need to have service pulled to my new grow space from the panel that is 10’ away.

4 Likes

Those flowers look great under the net
im doing wiring this weekend to accommodate her tent now being located in the basement. How big is your new space

The build out is L-shape with just under 100 sq ft. The closet is 32x72

2 Likes

Oh no… not again… wat are them perrty… little lights… welcome my friend

4 Likes

Nice photo

2 Likes

Ph up??

1 Like

Nice! Are those 2x3? i been using those for everything not weight bearing. Sadly things are on hold til lumber prices return to acceptable.
Can’t wait to see how it turns out for ya.

1 Like

No they are regular 2x4s. The prices are nuts. $12 for and 8 footer. It is good it is a relatively small space. Still burn through them pretty fast. I post updates on my grow journal Let’s Grow some Purple Kush

2 Likes

Could you tag me there? I would love to follow

Sorry I didn’t get back to I got newb locked way the mods checked my pockets for spam.

Nice pics. How many amps you plan on using?

Is that a boat?

Been getting things together to start growing the canna again. I will be starting out very casual and spend no more then 500 dollar, with half of that being genetics. I already have lights and fans that I have collected over the years being a electrician.

I have ordered seeds and bought a bale of pro mix bx. Ordering my nutes today along with a ppm and ph meter.

I will also be setting up 2 other people and spending their money. With a least 5 more behind them.

2 Likes

I’d have a blast getting to set other people up! Enjoy it

2 Likes

Moving amps water and air is what I do for a living. I don’t think enjoy is the right word for me. More of get it done and get that $$. I will enjoy what comes after.

2 Likes

Well, my plans seem to have changed. I went to check on a couple potential growers and that led to a service change for 1 and some out side sercurity lights for another. That will be around a grand for 3 days work within the next week or so. So the budget for my startup grow just went to 1500.00. Not including genetics and the 200 I already spent. I’m checking on 2 more potential growers this evening.