New to hydro RDWC nutrient feeding

hey guys, got a question.

i just got a 5 bucket RDWC system. when i feed using my general Hydroponics 3 part. do i mix it up based on the volume of water i have in the system? like 18 gallons? that sounds like a lot.

how do i go about using and adding these nutes to my system.

thanks folks

4 Likes

@Graysin?

1 Like

I mix my GH trio in a 31 gal trash can then pour it into my reservoir, its another 31 gal trash can .

But yes you mix nutrients typically in a separate container to add to it when it’s needed.
And you do mix it fir however many gallons it is. .

Here is what some of my notes look like for when i mix mine so I dont have to do math every time :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

rock and roll, ty

2 Likes

@1HappyPappy got it nailed. I’m useless with GH. @nodurxshn is my go-to for all things not-Jacks or Grow Dots. :sweat_smile::v:

3 Likes

Christ… this is next level pothead…

I’m certain my next grow will be hydro. I’ll keep reading… asking… bothering lmao.

All good though. I appreciate this community and the involvement/advice that comes from it.

I do wish that certain things could be stickied. Not so much the “i have a question” type post but the “this is how i did this” post. It would be very beneficial to create stickies for folks in certain sections.

2 Likes

I use autopots exclusively nowadays.
It is a form of hydroponics but the don’t grow is just water. I’ve done alot of soil grows and tried regular DWC (just water hydroponics)
Soil was the most work, DWC was a nightmare for me :sweat: (things happen so fast with DWC i didn’t care for it at all with my schedule).

But these autopots are the ultimate growing hack!
Best of both worlds imho :grin:

Sometimes i don’t even openy tent at all for a solid week, i just peek in and go about my day…
Was completely different watering soil by hand and with DWC I was constantly worried if a couple days went by and i didn’t check on them it would go south fast. And it did a couple times.

I bought these expensive autopots to try, and after the first grow with them, i ordered more of them :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Id use green planet to tell you the truth. Their aquapot nutrient line runs extremly clean in rdwc. Theyll give you a starter kit worth a couple hundred for free if youre real goid about how you ask. Im a good von when it comes to writing nutrient companies. But i got house and garden im ficing yo try soon with ghe rdwc.