New to growing?

Will adding Alaska 5-1-1 (1/2 tsp:1/2 gal water)and a tad of gypsum harm these youngsters?

1 Like

Iā€™d transplant those into bigger pots. They look to be root bound. If your soil has fertilizer in it, I wouldnā€™t feed until they get bigger. If in Promix or another inert medium, you need to feed once the cotylidons yellow and die. :v:

2 Likes

They are in peat pots which I plan to move this week into pre-filled 7 gal holes. The dirt is just miracle grow garden soil mixed with good ole Tenn top soilšŸ˜. I appreciate the advice.

1 Like

I am assuming the cotylidons are the 2 small leaves at the bottom of stem?

2 Likes

Yes, sorry for not explaining better

3 Likes

Hello my friend I agree with @MattyBear, and I donā€™t think AFF should hurt them, but like @MattyBear said after the cotyledon shrivel away and the gypsum is a great addition to your soil @highcountrygal, has been using with great results, good luck on your growing. I

4 Likes

Mrcrabs, do I need to trim (top) these leaves or will this be a bud site?

2 Likes

@Mrcrabs @MattyBear oops forgot to add little hashtag thingyšŸ˜•. I have 6 plants all from bag seed, plan to purchase some but figured Iā€™d let these be my practice run. If all turn out to be female, Iā€™d like to try my hand at what i believe you guys call LST on 1 or 2 of themā€¦key word try!

4 Likes

Iā€™ve grown great buds from bags seeds, topping the plant is totally up to you my friend, they look really healthy, if you decide to top you will get bushier plants, if you donā€™t you it should get taller. I personally donā€™t lst my outdoor plants, you can but most people do that indoor since they donā€™t get natural sun

3 Likes

Am i correct to assume that buds will produce where my knive tip is? Also, be ok to send another pic tomorrow, Iā€™d like to ask if I topped it correctly? I basically snipped the main stalk just above 4-5th set of leaves

2 Likes

Sounds about right my friend. You should get two colas growing from where you sniped. Good luck, Iā€™ll be watching. My mom lives in Chattanooga, beautiful scenery that way my friend. @Tennhills

1 Like

Good deal, appreciate the support, Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll have a few more ā€œWhat yo do questionsā€. This site is awesome, like space-face for pleasure gardeners! Chattanooga is a beautiful area, im in the Nashville areaā€¦thanks again bud

3 Likes

Looking good and @Mrcrabs has you covered so far. Tag me if you need anything and Iā€™ll do my best to check in when I can

1 Like

I was hoping to get some guidance/advice on my girls. I picked up a couple clones about 2 weeks ago. They seem to be healthy just growing uneven. What should I do/how to correct it?

1 Like

@BigEd can you post a picture of your plant? Just tag me and we can come up with something for you! :v:

Thank you sir! @MattyBear

1 Like

Any suggestions as to whatā€™s causing these black spots?

or these white spots?

1 Like

@MattyBear @Mrcrabs @highcountrygal

1 Like

Morning @Tennhills Do they move? or does it look like bug poop? Or spots on the leaves? Itā€™s hard to tell in your pic. Can you get a closer up pic?

1 Like

White spots could be WPM (white powdery mildew). The darker spots, Iā€™m not completely sure from the pic.

2 Likes