New to growing? Please buy a jewelers loupe!

One of the most valuable tools in your arsenal is and will be your loupe!! I ran and harvested my first grow without one (what seems like so long ago now) and while i got pretty lucky with the timing of that grow i know the girls were not at full potential. A loupe allows you to get up close and personal with your flowers, check trichomes for cloudy/amber harvest times, inspect for pests and for me (time my flush). You CAN NOT know when to harvest unless you can see your trichomes!!! You CAN NOT go by pistil degregation, you CAN NOT base it on pistil growth (whites can pop out all the way to harvest on some strains or based on environmental stresses) you CAN NOT base it on how “frosty” she looks. I hope all growers still ask questions as the knowledge on this site is vast. Please buy a loupe. They are about 7 bucks on ebay for a 30/60 with light. This 7 dollars can and will prevent an early harvest and ensure your time and money invested into this endeavor is not squandered at the last moment. I am a hobbist grower and am not even close to knowing it all but I produce quality bud for my medicine and want every grower/smoker to enjoy his/her product to the fullest. If you ask a question and you feel like its not the best info, ask again, tag someone you have come to trust for advice. We dont know it all but collectively we got it all covered. Happy growing and be patient you’ve invested too much time to rush now!!! they will amber!!!. OnE LoVE

10 Likes

I’m waiting for one to come in the mail as we speak. Not sure if it was the best one, but I had purchased:

https://www.amazon.com/Ministry-Warehouse-Magnifier-Jeweler-Loupe/dp/B01AD5FIF8?tag=greenrel-20

Thats the same one i use. Just checked the last 2 girls finishing this morning with it. Works great for me. It may take a second for your eyes to adjust but it will give you a clear picture of whats happening. The 30 side is pretty useless for trichs but the 60 will do just fine. Just don’t forget to turn the light off. LOL I have done this many times. LOL OnE LoVe happy growing

USB endoscope on amazon for 39.00 vlcsnap-2018-07-09-15h46m23s307 Best investment I made .

2 Likes

I want one of those. Let me rephrase…im getting one of those. Thanks.

1 Like

Just looked, is that the 1080p one? Im sure some are crap! got a good suggestion? Thanks dude or dudette!

This dog is a dude .
USB Microscope, Potensic Endoscope Inspection Magnifier with Advanced CMOS Sensor 20X-200X Magnification IP67 Waterproof Compatible with Android Smartphone and PC . It looks like a chrome pencil . Plug mine into my laptop .

1 Like

Sweet! Thanks dude OnE LoVe and I got a spare laptop just waiting to get added 2 the room. And thank you because I don’t have a lot of time 2 research these kind of things and it would have taken me stumbling across some thread somewhere on some site in order to find this.

Is it IPhone compatible?
Can you post the link?

Is this it @Seeddog

USB Microscope, Potensic Endoscope Inspection Magnifier with Advanced CMOS Sensor 20X-200X Magnification IP67 Waterproof Compatible with Android Smartphone and PC

Yes Thats it … Sorry no it is not iPhone compatible . Android yes . There might be videos on the Tube , I’m not sure . I mounted mine to a camera tri pod and it works great .

Great info…, :+1:
Btw: love your screen name @monsterblackbass
Love Black and Largemouth…
:v::sunglasses:

1 Like