New to growing-OG City Diesel

Yes Sorry looks like it!

1 Like

Oh well my biggest buds were on one of them. I guess I’ll have some seeds. A rough idea how much potency is lost due to this?

1 Like

I agree, looks like it hermed. Usually seems like it takes pretty good toll on bud development and potency

1 Like

Should I harvest them now before the seeds grow more to keep as much potency as possible or let him go a little bit more then harvest?

There’s really nothing there to justify harvesting now in my opinion.

Just hold out, no problem, I’m interested to see what happens next.
Next grow should I wash the inside because if the hermies?

Definitely. Do you have other plants in there that don’t appear to have hermed?

1 Like

Yes, I can’t move them any where. I approx a week max 2 from harvest as the base of the hair are just changing colors kinda oragish.

Damn man. Hate to hear it. Make sure u disinfect everything before the next grow

Yea figured lysol and iso everything, I have 7 clones for the 3 bigger plants. I lost track of which is from which. They are starting week 3. I have them separated from the otheres till harv, and clean.
I’m only going to grow 4 of them, I’ll weed (no pun) out the weaker ones maybe this time they won’t flip.

Good thinking. Weak clones make weak buds. N may wanna keep a close eye on them. The clone from the hermie ma will have that same… tendency? Not really a tendency since u may have caused it… but that same easy stress = herm gene

1 Like

Got it, next time I’ll yank so I don’t waste time. Tanks everyone for the help.
Still a lot of fun pruning and keeping them going.
I did figure out I’m not ready for hydro just yet. I need to set up a back up system as I almost lost my clones because of a stupid idea that succcckkked so bad.
Given an old 2’x2’x8" clone system that is too short and crappy misters(old slotted fan misters) that clog and uneven pressure. Tried to create a riser that put to much water at the root. So either make my own(easy) or get something like an EZ Cloner.

You may wanna just remove the hermed plants. If those sacks pop will also pollinate the good plants. If you’re just starting to get some color in the pistils it wouldn’t surprise me at all if those plants go longer than a week or two.

1 Like

There are maybe 4 or 5 sacs left on both plants most fell off around them. Only a few felt stuck.
A little weird. I can’t tell if they were hermi and stopped or did my somewhat later prune stop it. All of this happened with in a week.
I pruned late because the fan leaves were taking over, some were 6-9in looked like it staved for light and went vertical. I also topped late 1 week before 12/12, I did not quite understand that in the beginning.

Well those pods fell off within 3 days they all fell off I vacuumed them up.
It looks like the 2 in the back are 2 weeks in front of the other 2. The rosin is just starting to come out, the smell changed more diesel, colors is darkening and the pistils are shrinking(curling).
@PurpNGold74 @dbrn32 @crazyots @raustin Do you still think at least 2 weeks on oldest2? Still fuzzy on actual harvest time, mostly because it 5 months from sprout to now, and I’m roughly 4 weeks in to flower.is it the orange color or the brown strip you see running up the center of the pistols? That color all over or just the stripe on the pistol? I do not mind the nuance of the time as long as it a little more specific and I’m finding, mostly because everyone has an opinion and that’s confusing. I can see it where if you push beyond a specific point you loose out on maximum cannabinoids.

1 Like

Your pistils are darkening. Time is getting closer. Ull need a loupe or scope for best harvest time. Our advice is just a window

The longer u wait, the more thc u lose out on. Some cannaboids are made early. N harvesting now would have tons of say… CGC. But normally the longer u wait the more CBDs u have. THC degrades into other cbds. More couchlock,sedative ones. THC is the psychoactive chem. CGC is i think the more skin beneficial one. Diff plants make diff ones n there really needs to be more research done

1 Like

You’re getting closer, but those pistils are still too white. Give it time and they will turn all brown. It’s also time to start checking the trichomes with a magnifier.

1 Like

I agree, still a ways to go.

Will read more and wait, thanks.

Well we are getting there! About 10% of trichomes are amber!

2 Likes