New to growing-OG City Diesel

Indeed! Not really stalling her growth by chopping. But ‘tricking’ her into thinkin u did and gettin her to go sideways

One last thing before next week shift to flower, when switching lights to 12/12 do you taper to 16/8 for 1or 2 days and so on. Or just one light shift or just straight 12/12 for flower.

I just do a quick flip. Believe the slowly ramping down is to minimize stretch. But since ur scroggin, stretch is good

All right, I’m ready to see buds in bloom hopefully within a month?

Week since flip. It goes fast. The swell is the long part

3 Likes

Beautiful, what strain?
I use lady bugs on my grapes do the work on cannabis?

I was able to flatten the inner branches and slight twist to open up for lower leaves. The big plant leaves are just about 6in long, so I put bamboo stakes to help support them until I get a second level net done. The stems are strong but the stem droop just before the leaves.
Water is 2x daily with feed 1x daily.
(20oz of water ×2) (10-12oz of feed 1x)

Lower leaves lowest 2 levels are just turning yellow on a couple spots. They are not getting enough light. Not worried about them, more a question should I trim up a few of the bottom stems.

Are u seriously feed/watering twice a day? What kinda light and soil/medium again? Kinda rapid. And she is a Purple Trainwreck. Her fans are huge and pull down too. I just let em hang :joy:

N on the trimming. Thats a tossup. I dont pull em til the are witherd n dead. Or deformd too much. Just give’m a tug. If they pop off no foul

You want to Tighten up your trellis that and definitely put a second one up about a foot above it and let it veg for several weeks and just keep tucking And cut all your undergrowth off and let them babies take off

Dude!!! I was just about to or mentioning you. But unsure, do u run 12/12 from seed?

@PurpNGold74 About a week or two after seed Usually after a transplant from a solo cup to a two or 3 gallon pot that’s on auto not fem

Ahhh. Thats my mess up. Autos. Gotcha :+1:t5:

1 Like

@PurpNGold74 @Hogmaster
Yea twice daily. The soil is our own two year old organic compost. One vegetable grow in soil before moving to buckets. The same soil grew 1 cherry tomatoe plant with a 12 foot diameter canopy and over 5000 tomatoes of one plant just soil and water.
The soil does not hold water, it is not a dense soil, slightly on the airy side.
Just when I see the top soil drying out I water, I do have about 2 inches of water that stays in the bottom. I do drain the excess off after a few days if any to make sure I don’t get root in the bottom.

They are a sativadom hybrid OG NYC Diesel. The seeds came from premium indoor and outdoor flower. Same supplier but different farms.

I just started make the second net. I’m going to have to start a third as the one plant is 1 inch from going through the second one. Tighten the net, I started that now with the stems fanning I can now start moving the lines around. I was worried the drooping leave are laying on the stems below kinda blocking so I’ve been trying to give a little twist to offset them.

1 Like

Ahh i gotcha. Some soil just drains like that. :+1:t5:

Installing climate control center, some old aluminum slate wall makes a nice base to hang everything. Just brought the 45cf propane tank in along with all my propane accessories.

Second net up, I’m moving all the line into place next need to add the accessories for flowering in first.

2 Likes

Got most of the ventilation plumped and sealed tent last night to see what it would be like. Had a temp spike at 2am of 93.4 adjusted the exhaust fan and that helped. Think of setting up a second exhaust fan to on a different timer to run at night.
I’m waiting for a smaller 10" clip on fan to put in the tent to see which will work the best.
Humidity is still at 30% has not moved above 40% yet.

@PurpNGold74 I have a question about heat in the tent.
At floor level is 70-75.
Top of 5gal buckets to 3ft up 80-85.
At the light(18" to tops) to the top of the tent I’m hitting 85-96.
I’ve moved my heater to the floor blowing between the 2 rows and blowing toward my air (lower) inlet hopefully warming it a little.
I also have the inlet drawing air from up by my ceiling and I’m put a vent in inside room to pull fresh air from the house.
I’m venting one end of my light to my filter through the top port.
I have a filter on the other end to slow the draw and build lower heat.
I have good negative pressure in the tent.

So with all that is it ok that the temp are like this. Should I add a second top vent to remove excess top heat but not have it hooked to the fan more just letting it rise. I’d put the opposite my fan/filter. I’m concerned because I’m flipping it tonight to flower.

Heat tends to rise. Dunno why. Science is just weird. The most important temps are above n below canopy, ur root zone, then ur lighting area. Those kinda temps wont hurt the ladies. But they will shorten the life expectancy of ur lights a bit. Nothing terrible tho. Most just add a small fan blowing on the light. I have a metal thermometer on my light fixture. Hovers around 130F during lights on. What type of light u using? N did the instructions include optimal operating temps?

O n temps around bucket should be lowerd a bit. Nothing drastic. But weed prefers around 70-80

The weight of the air causes this, wanted to make sure that the temp were in range.

I changed heater for a different style tower, you can see it at thethe bottom of the pic.

This helps a lot. Top of my light hood is 98. The plants at the rim is 83-89 pretty constant now.

I have had a few oops moments broke stems but none have died, thank goodness. Heater and air flow problems but over all a nice first try so far.

Sealing the tent took a lot, so 2 rolls of foil tape to make light tight and get neg pressure.
Last night from lights out 6pm to lights on 6am the tent stayed constant with temperatures stayed 83.
Our outside temp are dropping to 20deg F +/- at night so I added foilfoam insulation inside on the outside facing wall up 4ft to keep the lower area more insulated.

Oh yea light, running 600w, I forgot to double check the ballast I had it set to 1000w before I flipped, but the bulb was rated to 600w

Thanks @PurpNGold74 for all the help.

When would taking clones be best, reading mixed notions, local shop says end first week or second of flower. Around here I’m reading more durning last week of veg to first week flower. I just bearly scratched the reading surface.

I’ve been taking them for the last month. If they got root, they gon root. One thing is for sure tho. Thicker stems usually root better.