New to growing. never seen plant this compacted

this is uk cheese i bought from ilgm, its its growing very tight and compacted instead of vertical. ever seen this before? topped it once. its 17 days since it sprouted.

2 Likes

@appleyardjr267 The light that it’s under probably has more blue in the spectrum than red. Blue produces short tight knodes. While red allows for some stretch.
If you give her a warmer color light say 3000K she will stretch a little more.
There’s nothing wrong with a short compact plant, it’s just the environmental conditions it’s in.
When you get her to flower, they generally stretch significantly. Sometimes twice in height. Strain pending.

2 Likes

i dont want it too tall to begin with cause space but never seen a plant like this. its the mars hydro 600w eco. you ever used that light? its suppose to be full spectrum

1 Like

That’s a pretty standard way for them to grow under a “blurple” light. They claim full spectrum, but it’s missing some yellow and green. That’s why it appears the color it does, the light has mostly red and blue in it.
A lot of members have this light, and they’ve all produced similar results. It’ll grow just fine when you change the light schedule.
@appleyardjr267

1 Like

thats good to hear. how long do you think the soil mix i kade will last until i need to feed it the fox farms i bought. my mix is 2 tablespoons bone meal, and about half natures care soil and half worm castings with added perlite

1 Like

and some dolimite lime

1 Like

@appleyardjr267 if this is fox Farms Ocean Forest you might want to consider to start feeding in about 6 weeks. Unless you see a nitrogen deficiency sooner. FFOF is a nutrient rich soil.

1 Like

This would be pretty normal as well if you’ve topped the plant as it will cause it to spread wide instead of vertical. Also you may be able to raise your lights a little to give a little stretch as well. Plant looks nice n healthy though. @Covertgrower advice on the nutes with fox farms is spot on as well as the “full spectrum” lights.

2 Likes

Plants look good. Healthy, fluffy, perky, and green…
You have chosen well for a short plant. It will stretch when switched to 12/12. So be aware of that height aspect. Really dun think height will be an issue.

Keep us posted

1 Like

thanks guys. no im not using fox farms soil. i only bought the ff liquid nutes. my soil mix is alfalfa meal, bone meal, kelp, half worm castings with added perlite. and dolomite lime.

1 Like

You can also try raising your light up. If your light is further away the plant will stretch to reach it. May stretch out your nodes. If you do try it don’t move the light too much at once. I do an inch or two every other day til I see a difference.

1 Like

Goldleaf

2 Likes

3 Likes

Raising your light and having an 18/6 light schedule will encourage her to stretch out a little. I have a young plant that is similar. It is putting up its 5th node and it is only 4 inches tall.

1 Like

This one ended up short cause I neglected it. But it still Turned around and gave me a pounce and half. I was hardly home so hardly watered it and stuff