New to growing need to make sure I am on the right track

I’m new here, this is my first post. I’ve been reading trying to take this all in. Great site!
This is my first grow ever. So I want to make sure I’m on the right tack
I’m growing the following ILGM seeds
2 - MK Ultra
2 - Gorilla Glue
2 - Gold Leaf
1 - Blue Dream (the other one never sprouted)
The water sprouted seeds were planted on 7/20 in peat pellets then transplanted on 7/28 to 5.5x5.5x6.5 Pots. Then on 8/15 they were transplanted again to 1.75 gallon pots.
The soil medium I am using is Mother Earth coco and perlite. I am using down to earth veg garden 4-4-4 dry fertilizer mixed in the soil before transplanting at a rate of 2.5 tablespoons per gallon of soil. Then I top dressed the same fertilizer at 1 tablespoon per plant.
I’m using my well water that is charcoal filtered set to a PH of 6.2
I am not using the water after the softener because of any salt that might still be in the water post softening.
I have these in half of a 4x8x8 grow tent with plenty of airflow. Temps usually 80 with 55% humidity. The light is a LED Spider Farmer SF4000
My question is if my plants look right from eyes of folks way more knowledgeable than me. They seem to be wilted a little and some have bright yellow tips. I have pruned some of the fan leaves but afraid to do too much. I typically water morning and night but think I should just do mornings. Plus also surprised the difference in the heights but maybe that is the type of strain. Thanks for the help!

3 Likes

@CAT277 Welcome to the community. They seem to look good. Not familiar with the nutes you are using. the wilting could be from over/under watering.

1 Like

Plants look good, you are saying you water them every day and every night. Agree with @Deepsix and if that’s true probably over-watered. The yellow tips look like they are on the new growth right? Probably a little hungry or light a little too close. You can start training them to even things out a bit height wise. Keep on keeping on they look healthy.

1 Like

Thanks! That’s good to hear they look good.
That was my fear too that I was overwatering by doing it twice a day. I read somewhere that you should use half the water of the pots volume. That seems like a lot especially when the pots get bigger.
What size pot should I transplant to next? Should that be the final transplant. I was thinking from going from the current 1.75 gal pots to a 7 or maybe 10 gallon fabric air pot. Not sure if that’s too big of a jump in size

1 Like

I definitely think overwatering too
The LEDs are between 16” to 28” above the plant tops from tallest to shortest plant. The light manufacture suggests 30” above the top but with such variations in height didn’t want to make the shorter ones start to get stretchy if the light was too far away

2 Likes

16" is prob a bit close. Why not pull the tall ones down some, will even out your canopy for light purposes and cause the undergrowth to grow stronger with the main branch because they now see themselves as tops too.

1 Like

I grow autos i use a 5 gal fabric pot. If you are growing photo’s some growers use a 5 or 7 gal fabric pot they let water drain out better. As far as watering get a feel of the weight of the pot after watering Lift the pot and see how heavy it is. After a couple of days lift the pot and see how lite it feels. That will tell you it needs water.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum!

1 Like