New to growing just needed a little guidance

I think I figured out the problem. When I turn my lights off, I turn my bubbler of as well and it should be left on because that is how the plants get their oxygen. So turning off the bubbler would deprive the plants of oxygen. So do you think that I caught it in time?? @bob31 @Covertgrower

1 Like

Yes, you’ll be fine, just don’t repeat it! Haha. @Akhmilli Leaving the bubbler on will definitely give the roots the oxygen they need. I think it should recover in 6-8 hours maybe. @bob31

1 Like

I am inclined to agree medium looks too wet a res level change may help if it stays too wet it can lead to damping off or trunk rot usually you use a larger net pot so you can surround starter medium with Clay pellets. Not your fault so many hydro units out there for sale which are poorly designed bubbler should also stay on 24/7

2 Likes

You are right. Look at the difference in such a short time!@covertgrowerIMG_20171112_145658|375x500

1 Like

@Akhmilli I wasn’t sure on the time span, and I didn’t want to give you too much hope too soon… but very glad it improved sooner than expected. All out of likes!
@Donaldj I was thinking clay pellets, but I wasn’t certain.

2 Likes

Simply replacing netpot with larger one adding layer to bottom then around peat in the smaller netpot 2" pot in 4" with a buffer between :wink: I do prefer Rockwool but this is a simple fix a cup in a cup simple :slight_smile:

3 Likes

How does this one look??! @bob31 @Donaldj @Covertgrower IMG_20171112_160228|666x500

1 Like

How does this one look

1 Like

They look excellent @Akhmilli I’m glad they improved. First picture didn’t load though n

@bob31 my plant is still drooping. What should I do??

1 Like

I would like to see a picture of the drooping plant in white or natural light @Akhmilli

I think it’s time for one of these

COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, ILGM… name of strain:

How many plants:

Age from Sprout and Flower:

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco / Brand and type of Medium & Size of Pots:

How often do you water and how do you determine when to do so?

PH of water and runoff or solution in reservoir:

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS:

What brand and products of Nutrients are you using? Strength and how often?

Indoor or Outdoor:

Indoor type and size of grow area or tent?

Light system, size and height from plants:

Temps; Day, Night:

Humidity; Day, Night:

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size:

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier:

Co2; Yes, No:

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you

1 Like

Here is a picture! @bob31 IMG_20171114_161512|375x500

I’m growing white widow and blueberry auto flowering from ilgm. They are only a week old. My pH is 6.8 or less. I haven’t given them any nutrients yet. I’m using a Hydroponic grow box made by unique hydroponics. It’s 4 ft tall 18 in wide and 13 inches deep. I have a 300w LED light. I have all my nutrients from general hydroponics. I give them at least 15 to 18 hrs of light per day. The temperature would range from 70-80 degrees. I have co2 tablets and ph powder that came with the grow box. The white widow is fine but the blueberry is drooping. It appears to still be growing tho. I was turning off my bubbler when I turned off my lights which I learned that was wrong. The blueberry appears to be growing but it’s just drooping. @bob31

And I just noticed that my root broke off completely, it just did it ten minutes ago. Now what @bob31

the tap root on the drooping one? @Akhmilli

The root broke off completely. Now what??? @bob31

Well I don’t know. That has never happened to me. @Donaldj can maybe give us a clue? I’m pretty sure that is going to be detrimental to your plant.

@Akhmilli

How much of the root?

@bob31 I can’t see any more of the root at all!! But it’s all looks ok as far as color. I turned off the fan and let more heat in on the deal, and she started perking up a bit. The White widow looks like it’s about to fly with the leaves going upward. The BB looks as if it’s is still growing. The droopiness has been going on since it sprouted

You can root prune in hydro so not all root damage is game ending

1 Like

@Donaldj thanks. So what about the drooping?? What is that all about??