New to growing just needed a little guidance

I just recently purchased ww and bb auto flowering from Ilgm. My order came on time. I germinated 1 of each and they both popped successfully. I have a 4 foot stealth Hydroponic box from unique Hydroponic with a 300w LED. So far they are looking good. Right now I have them on an 18 hr on and 6 hr off light cycle. I would like too know is that the right amount of time for them? Also id like to know if I wanted to switch the time frames up how can I do so??? For example, I turn the light on at 440 pm and turn it off at 1040 am. Well I want to switch the time from 440 pm on and 1040am off to 2pm on and 8am off. How do I do that without messing up my girls?

5 Likes

They are Autos they will grow under any light cycle, though 18/6 is a bit long 16/8 or close to that is the norm. You can even grow them at 12/12

If you want to switch the time on/off just switch it. A one time change in their lighting won’t effect them in any way. @Akhmilli

Welcome to the ILGM Forums! Nice little setup you’ve got there. I’m a soil grower so not much help on the setup!

6 Likes

Welcome to the forum, autoflowers don’t care about light schedules, and will flower at anytime. Happy growing! @Akhmilli

3 Likes

Thanks a lot for your support

Thanks a lot

1 Like

Anytime @Akhmilli just glad to help!

1 Like

do you have all the holes you are not using closed? @Akhmilli
i have a similar box set-up and three plants will be very crowded in there…
i have found that one at a time works best…
the nine hole set-up you have is for starting seeds or leafy greens …
i’m not trying to down your system,just giving you some real data…
any questions just ask,i’ll help as much as i can…
welcome and happy growing!

2 Likes

No I don’t have them closed. Why should I close them?

1 Like

on the holes you do not have plants in,they need to be closed so algae will not take over…
let us call some hydro guys, @Donaldj, @kabongster@bob31 could you elaborate further on this subject?

3 Likes

Algae can make a real messy of any hydro system very fast and can be annoying to treat simpler not to let it get in.

5 Likes

What is the best thing to cover those holes with

1 Like

they sell foam blocks,but good ol’duct tape works as long as light does not enter

3 Likes

I actually paint opaque lids grey or cut panda plastic to wrap lid

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum! You’re definitely in the right place for the best advise! Good luck in your growing!

1 Like

Is there something wrong with this

1 Like

Is there something wrong with this plant

1 Like

She looks pretty droopy @Akhmilli I’m a soil grower, so let’s get some backup on this one! @Donaldj @BIGE @Covertgrower

BTW post the question once and then tag us like I tagged you and the others. That way we get a special flag to come by and see whats going on.

2 Likes

Ok let me know what you find out

1 Like

@Akhmilli @bob31 soil grower here. When looking at the temporary medium zoomed in, the medium looks very saturated in water. It looks a bit wilty because I don’t think the roots are getting enough oxygen. It looks about the same as my plants when I over water. I know you probably have to have a medium to start with. But I think rockwool would be a better solution, because it drains well, and still allows for air next time.

1 Like

Yes, I see that now too. I saw the system and assumed it was a water grow and didn’t realize they will still starting in the peat pods. @Covertgrower good call!

1 Like