New to growing, 1st timer

Yep. I always check several sites before ordering anything. Wally word sometimes does same day delivery. Nothing at all against Amazon. Hubs has prime and the quick free delivery is great.

2 Likes

@JaneQP you know though their prime shipping has really not been that great like it used to be though I don’t think. I don’t have prime tho . I’m not in that big of rush to pay for it lol

1 Like

I get free delivery with Amazon but just because I always meet the min order purchase limits lol it is a day or 2 slower then prime supposed to be tho…

1 Like

I do the same. Sometimes delayed sometimes early. I am patient, hubs is not. I know I should get access to his prime but I know if I add my debit card it will default and I will pay for his order!

Yes we have separate accounts forever - 30+ years. Just found it easier so no purchases are questioned, no one has complete control, and if you ever overspend it is on you!!!

3 Likes

You got that right lmao I had bought 1 thing on my better half account for her to make homemade soaps. Well she didn’t unchecked the free prime trial membership and long story short she forget to remove my card from her account and they ended up charging me for like 3 or 4 months of prime on her account… she called and luckily they reimbursed me my money !

3 Likes

That’s why I use fox farm my local hardware store carries it for 16 bucks and that’s the big bag. They have a bunch of the ff products for less than half Amazon, it’s because of shipping costs, Amazon says free shipping but there’s no such thing as free, somebody has to pay for it and it’s normally you

2 Likes

I have prime and you’re right ever since the pandemic hit we lost the free 2 day delivery because Amazon got so busy I never got my stuff 2 day anyways because I lived in such a rural area, now that I live in town I still don’t because they stopped doing it. I mainly keep prime because my granddaughter watches p video all the time, same with my Netflix it’s just for her

2 Likes

Yeah. I’m gonna let my better half use the other bag of FFOF for her house plants , I even got her a 12 pack of 3 Gallon cloth bags to put them in lol so ill start cooking my soil as soon as sunshine #4 gets here , which I think it will be in the next day or two…

2 Likes

I bought a bunch of the tall bags so I could go with 5 gallon for my autos and 7 for the photos without taking more space I wanted to see if more soil = more food thing changes anything. With living soil you have to find that balance of light and food … it’s not like with feeding salts if you see the plants get hungry you just feed more … you have to slow down by lowering light intensity and let nature work, but with more soil/food already available there shouldn’t be that limitation… if that makes sense

2 Likes

Yeah it does and I thought about that and wondered if I needed to go to 5 gallon pots too

I know they say the longer the cook the better because it puts more of a reserve in the soil but idk if 3 gallon will be enough either way. I’m definitely letting mine cook for 4 weeks tho. I might order some 5 gallon pots…

2 Likes

You can always change later I’ve been using 3 for autos and 5 for photos for over a year using dust. I just wanted to see what difference if any there is with bigger pots. Plus I added 130w of light to my two 2x4 tents

2 Likes

Yeah I’m going to start 2 photo CandyLands to put in the 6ft tent the Blueberries are in now when I chop them so I think I’m gonna go ahead and order some 5 gallon ones.

2 Likes

I recommend a minimum 5 gallon pot for photos. I believe you have seen some of my plants all the photos are in 5 but all the autos were in 3 … except some of what is going right now

2 Likes

Yeah I’m ordering 5 and 7 gallon ones right now. The question is will 3 cubic ft of #4 promix, fill two 7 gallon and two 5 gallon bags?

2 Likes

No way 2 cu ft is right at 3 5 gallon pots if I remember right

2 Likes

Ok so i still might can get by tho if after I chop the two Blueberries, I flush the soil GOOD then mix it with the rest of the promix after I’ve already filled the two 7 gallon pots. Maybe between the rest of the promix and the old soil from the Blueberries it’ll be enough to fill two 5 gallon pots…

2 Likes

Screw it i just went ahead and ordered another bag of the #4 promix so i know i have enough without mixing …

3 Likes

Right now ai am using three gallon bags. I bought some five gallon bags but have not tried them yet. I am planning on growing my entire legal limit next year especially if I retire.

2 Likes

I thought you were retired already.
Now I’m kinda hoping the Blueberry takes a lil longer then thinking so I have time to cook my new soil the full 4 weeks lol

1 Like

I tried once but a friend called and I went back. Now time to do it for real!

1 Like