New to growing, 1st timer

@JaneQP @dbrn32 Any thoughts on the above mentioned kit?

1 Like

Your also gonna need nutes that’s something else you have to consider. I use jacks and many good growers on here use it as well.

1 Like

@Loudman i believe that kit has those in it as well.

1 Like

I am headed out the door for a concert. I’ll take a look later and get back to you! @dbrn32 will know whether that light is decent enough to get you to harvest. Best to you.

1 Like

Yelp I see now. Looks like the flora series. I would definitely check into some jacks tho. It will simplify your feeding. :+1:

@Loudman Thanks I’ll definitely get more info and continue reading up and asking questions to learn as much as I can about all the aspects from start to finish👍

1 Like

Is there a certain nute from jacks that’s needed for each stage or just 1 for start to finish? I’m assuming it depends on the difference stages of growth?

1 Like

No there is 3 parts. You will have a part A and a part B. Then you have regular pure epsom salt as the last part. And that’s it. You give the same dose all the way through veg and flower.

1 Like

@Loudman Looking at their website i would need the part A and part B . What about the one that you chose the water quality (tap) ?

2 Likes

I’m running ro water with mine. There is something in my tap water that turns the water cloudy when I try to mix nutes in it.

1 Like

@Loudman did you have your water tested?

1 Like

That will be a nice set up although you are right about the possibility of needing a light upgrade

the ones that come in these complete set ups are often not powerful enough for flowering…not saying that’s necessarily the case with yours but it’s a possibility

I can also attest to the simplicity of using the Jacks nutrients part A, then epsom salt, and then part B. That’s it and you can use it from seed to flower

In your case though the soil has nutes in it so you won’t need to add anything but water for a month to a month and a half

@Mr_Wormwood ok. I’m looking at the jacks products now. I’m going to be growing auto flowering wedding cake, I think their supposed to flower in 8 to 9 weeks

1 Like

Just a tip
The grow times on those estimates are under perfect conditions and with top of the line equipment so they are pretty much never correct for the average grower

It’ll probably take longer for them than stated time from the seed breeder if that’s what you’re going by

It was but I understand what your saying :+1: I have a water filter system on my water coming into the house, wonder if that would have a big impact on my water…it just a filter, not a softener or anything like that.

1 Like

No I just bought a ro buddie and that fixed the problem for me.

1 Like

So can I reuse the medium after a grow? Then just use the jacks nutes from start to finish the second grow or is it necessary to start each grow with new medium?

3 Likes

@dbrn32 based off the kit that I got, assuming I should just use the lite that comes with it for my regular indoor gardening and go ahead and buy a HLG lite for the grow tent, which HLG do you suggest? Would this one do or you suggest a different one…

1 Like

Would this be a better choice, or over kill?..

1 Like

@Loudman @Mr_Wormwood for the jacks part A & B if I’m growing no more then 4 plants at most. Do I need the 25 lb bags or would the 2.2 lb bags be plenty for me to order?

2 Likes