New to growing, 1st timer

@MeEasy gotcha, that easy to understand :+1:

1 Like

I thought it was to, maybe he’s the one that is hard to understand lol

1 Like

@MeEasy what’s the best way to add humidity to the tent? I assume a cold humidity that kind just sprays the water out and not the ones that heat up and evaporate the water…

1 Like

I just put a little plastic bucket in the tent with water in it then use a wet towel I hang one end up and the other end in the bucket like a big wick it won’t get it up in the 70s but will get you out of the 40s.
I have a cold air humidifier think they’re called ultrasonic that I would run in or out of the tent but I have been fighting high humidity and some rot in the other tent so I don’t want to add much more humidity to the air right now.

Edit = lol I just noticed in the picture it actually made it to 71% :laughing:

Ok got it. I may get a cold / ultrasonic humidifier. I only have the one tent so that won’t be a problem for me :+1:i have the heated water vaporizers but that adds heat to the tent which makes the fan run faster so it defeats the purpose lol

1 Like

I just moved into this place and I’m growing in a spare bedroom temporarily so I don’t want to take out windows or cut holes in anything that I’ll have to fix later so I’m at the mercy of the house hvac and with over 1300w of lights in the tiny room it is a little battle to control the environment lol

I’ve noticed that mine as the temp goes up the humidity drops when the light goes out for 6 hrs the temp drops and the humidity goes up into the 60’s
Correction humidity goes up to mid 50’s and temp averages 75 degrees because I have a heater in the tent to keep the temp from falling to much. This is when the light is off during the 6 hrs…

1 Like

Yes it does and if you watch outside it does the same thing. Be careful once you get the humidifier if you leave it on you can literally make it rain inside your tent… think it’s inkbird that has a controller that will turn on and off the humidifier for you there’s other companies that make em to

Yeah I going to see what setting and for how long it has to run to get humidity to mid 60’s and hold there. Then put it on the same timer to only run when my light is on.

1 Like

I added a line to my last post on auto controllers kinda like the 67 you are using for your fan

Yeah I love the 67 controller. I have it set to auto mode and my HLG is plugged into a digital timer set to run it from 9am till 3 am so 18hr on 6hr off. I’m going to run the this humidifier on that same timer and just play with it till I get the right setting to maintain mid 60’s humidity. Or if need be I have another digital timer I can program up to 16 timers on to turn it on and off through out the 18 hrs my light is on.

1 Like

:+1::+1: sounds like a plan… I have the 67 on one of my tents I really like it too I’ll probably have a couple more later but I’m planning a growroom built and don’t want to buy anything until I have my plan together so I don’t end up with a bunch of stuff I don’t really need

1 Like

I did just order this controller to run the humidifier after reading your post. That should be much easier to get and hold the perfect humidity :+1:

I’ll basically never need a dehumidifier as I have one that keeps the whole house humidity under control already.

1 Like

So I weighed one of the planters before I watered them on the 12 th and it weighed 6 lbs 8.4 ozs. Weighed the same planter this morning and it still weighs 7 lbs 4.1 ozs so… I’m assuming there is possibly still a good half pound of water weight still in the planter so hold off on watering till atleast tomorrow morning and weigh again 1st then water if weight is closer to prewatered weight… Here are this morning pics with camera flash only…
Here’s the 2 Blueberry

Here are the 2 wedding cakes

1 Like