New to growing, 1st timer

Yeah so I doubt the one with the lil bit of yellow has had to much water. I was curious if it was lack of instead , but that’s the same one I was asking about that was laying over more instead of growing as straight up as the others too so I’ll just see how it acts.

There is a chance that she is just going to be a challenge during seedling stage, I see nothing that I’d be overly concerned about

1 Like

You could consider investing in a pump sprayer for watering. I slows down the watering process so all the soil is evenly watered.

1 Like

@JaneQP I had thought about that. They have some battery operated ones at lowes that you can just put on the water and spray. I have a couple of the regular pump sprayers already but don’t think I want to use any of them since they have had weed killer in them. I’ve been curious too but I assume you never want to actually spray the leafs even when the plants get bigger correct?

Thank you for the tag. I found if it just poured a gallon down fast water would start coming out the side of my cloth bags. This cool cat @MeEasy turned me on to using the pump sprayer to slow things down. I am not sure if you are using the cloth bags but if so I always given them a couple of fist bumps on the sides to try and keep the soil from compacting. Just what works for me but experiment and find what works for you.

2 Likes

@JaneQP yeah I’m using the cloth 3 gallon planters too.

2 Likes

Glad to hear from you and. I hope all is well. I just turn the sprayer nozzle to more of a stream mode to avoid getting the leaves wet.

2 Likes

@JaneQP yeah going good , I just gave them their first real watering a couple days ago and they loved it i believe lol their getting their 3rd set of leafs already now. I’ll go take a few quick pics. The one that had some yellowing even before the real watering seems the yellowing is only in the first leafs so I think it’s ok.

@JaneQP This is the 2 Blueberry

This is the one wedding cake that had some yellowing on the first set of leafs but the rest now seem fine so I’m not to worried about it
This is the one wedding cake I reseeded so it’s like half their age but growing good
I turned up my HLG a lil more so it’s probably 2/3 full power right now. This is current readings

3 Likes

Hi there all thanks Ms @JaneQP yes ma’am it was totally my idea, I’m the only one that totally came up with the idea of telling you about someone else’s idea of using a pump sprayer :laughing: I can’t remember where I got it from I can’t take the credit for that one :grinning:

I have to add that it’s actually a bad idea to shake up the soil it breaks up the stains of fungi and bacteria in the soil which causes it to have to repair it slowing down the growth and throws off the food balance and circle of life

2 Likes

@MeEasy hey, how’s it going. This is my first grow so it’s nice getting any good advice from all the helpful members that’s been helping me out along with all the extra reading in forums etc…

2 Likes

Dang you know all the conflicting information out there…I read somewhere to do it to avoid channels but since I went with the living soil and never let the bag go to dryness I just realized I never had to do it last grow.

My major big bad!

Note to self: Think back and quit being an idiot.

1 Like

Good to meet you @SmokeyMtnHighs I’ll tag you over to my thread if you’d like it’s not much just a bunch of us bs’ing about growing with pictures lol

Anyway I have 2 cents… I’m looking at your 67 controller your humidity is pretty low I’d try to get it up at least over 50 but 70-80 is optimal

No bad here Ms Bunny lol the life is best left alone to grow that’s why alot of people are going to the no till style of growing so not to disturb them between grows. Now I’m not there yet but who knows what I’ll do tomorrow lol

1 Like

Well when plants can walk they’ll tell us what they need. :rofl:

@JaneQP I hope I didn’t say any of that in a way that sounded offensive because that’s the furthest from my intentions

1 Like

After a year and you still don’t get my weird sense of humor? Definitely no offense taken!

2 Likes

@MeEasy yeah that’s fine tag me to your thread too :+1: I’ll work on the humidity, that’s a pretty easy fix. I had read in the ILGM downloads that the humidity should be between 40-70% which is why I been running it where its at…ofcourse it goes up the 6 hrs the light is off up to like 60% or a lil higher

2 Likes

It’s just extremely hard to read expressions in text and I’m bad with words and explaining things I try not to tell someone they’re doing something wrong just because they aren’t doing it my way but just share some of the loose change I have rattling around in my head

3 Likes

I don’t stress to much about humidity except during flower but at the same time I do try to get close to what’s said to be optimal… between 40 and 70 is safe but seedlings like a little bit more humidity. If you care to read about it it’s called vpd here it is in a graph I was told this one is hard to decipher you can search vpd for cannabis and there’s hundreds of different ones

2 Likes