New to Coco. Any pointers?

Web hydroponics is another good source. I go with the 1 that I have a discount code for at the time

2 Likes

I was thinking I would build a little shelf to set it on in the grow room.

1 Like

Awesome.

Last LAST thing.
Source for Jackā€™s 321?
Not sure if it is user error but I am only seeing part A on Amazon?
Thoughts?

Also, preferable size to purchase. I want to make sure I have enough if I am to be feeding every day, essentially.

I set my rez on a cinder block and secured it with a small ratchet strap so my cat wouldnā€™t knock it over. I buy my jacks right from jw peters?

1 Like

jw peters? Is that a hydro supply store?

1 Like

I bought 25 pound bags of Part A and Part B. I still have the original bags from last August.

Free shipping and only $144. Itā€™s literally a lifetime supply for several plants. :rofl:

2 Likes

I might have it wrong but Iā€™m pretty sure thatā€™s the manufacturer. Screw Amazon. The small bags will last a solid year, the big ones reduce cost for basically the rest of your life lol

2 Likes

THIS is what I needed!!!
Thank you!!!
Andā€¦ā€¦ was it epsom salt?

1 Like

Yessir. Plain Epsom salts from anywhere. My local Walgreens sells 6lb bags buy one get one 1/2 off for like $5. So $7.50 for more Epsom than youā€™ll need. :joy:

1 Like

Any epsom will do as long as itā€™s not scented or anything added to it. I bought a 2lb bag at the store for like $6. Over a year later Iā€™ve barely made a dent in it

1 Like

Perfect.

I thought coco loco wasnā€™t a pure coir wanted to switch but local shop only had loco and didnā€™t want to result to ordering online with every grow

1 Like

Canā€™t beat that. Walgreens for the win. :joy:

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure, I use canna coco which I believe is pure. I think coco loco has other stuff

1 Like

Wanted to use canna or bio but its online only for me

1 Like

Coco Loco isnā€™t pure coco, but some folks like to mix soil and coco anyway to give their soil better breathe-ability.

Yeah Iā€™ve only ever been able to get Canna online. I just buy semi-bulk so itā€™s on hand, then replenish once Iā€™ve finished transplants. Easier to just plan ahead than use the local stuff. Itā€™s awful.

2 Likes

Is perlite a must when growing in coco coir?

1 Like

Ooohhhh, good question.

Not a must. I use plain coco.

1 Like