New to Coco. Any pointers?

Yep. I just left town for 6 days and have a reservoir filled with Jacks water to feed my coco plants. I have 100% peace of mind they’re just fine.

Doesn’t get more effortless than that.

5 Likes

Good morning Brother and sorry for the late response. You’ll really like coco and jacks, very simple combo, clean and no issues. @Borderryan22 covered one way to reconstitute the coco and canna is a top of the line coco. I’ve done it several ways… amended the coco with microbes, transplant then start my nutrients. All good results with any of these. Coco gives you the control and with the ability to feed every day to run off prevents almost all issues you’ve experienced with soil. I switched to auto pots and coco back in Feb/21 and haven’t looked back. You’ll dig coco but love coco and auto pots. Keep me tagged Brother :love_you_gesture: Fox Farm makes a clean 70/30 coco as well, I’ve used coco bricks and always rinse those and reconstituting and check the TDS before nutrients and transplanting. My recipe is jacks321, silica and Billions microbes.

3 Likes

:point_up_2: amen to that Sis :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

What i did with the coco i used i mixed in dry amendments in ,things lile fish bone and kelp meal and alfalfa meal and sea bird guano and volcanic rock dust fertilizer and superworm frass and worm castings and organic compost thats what i did with coco coir and i got ten oz from one plant

that plant is a auto aswell

1 Like

Exactly my setup right now. There was a bit of a learning curve but I’m pretty well dialed in and love it. Removes the requirement for daily watering by having a standing reservoir to work from.

Here’s my current journal.

6 Likes

I 2nd,3rd,4th or wherever we are. I’m still learning but coco, jacks and autopots are getting it done without much hassle. I use canna and expand it with about 3/4 strength jacks with a bump up on the cal-mag. Treat coco like hydro 5.8ph

2 Likes

That truly looks and sounds ideal. I am in.

1 Like

Thank you, my friend! I am excited by this new venture and variation!!! :grinning:

1 Like

Good lord. :flushed:

1 Like

I have taken a look at your journal. Looks great! One question, do you recommend the fabric pot auto pots? I know there are lots of benefits to the fabrics but I see the autos are also available in standard plastic. Thoughts?

1 Like

Thank you, Pin! This is all good info to get me started. :grinning:

You won’t regret the switch Brother, the auto pots bottom wick the nutrients mixed in the reservoir. When I run them in mediums like Coco Loco or Stonington Blend it PHd water in the res for several weeks… it really doesn’t get any simpler and allows a lot of hands off time :love_you_gesture: all autos are plastic pots, I place my fabric pot inside these

2 Likes

You guys are great. Thank you @OGIncognito @Borderryan22 @Pinboy @Myfriendis410 @BoilerGuy @Aussie_autos @GreenSnek @Graysin for helping to get me started. Much appreciated. :pray:

5 Likes

I see!!!
Amazon was trying to trick me!
They are selling “auto pot fabric pot system” and it’s by a DIFFERENT manufacturer!!
Slippery bastards. :wink:

1 Like

I run fabric pots without air domes. If you get the plastic pots you might want to consider using them

1 Like

2 Likes

I have a bunch of fabric pots I was planning on using for my next grow until I discovered auto pots. So I do have them on hand! :grinning:

2 Likes

Late to the party here but I agree Coco and Jacks is a great combo.
Since the formula does not change mixing the water and nutrients becomes easy after you dial in the amounts. Turns out with the standard 321 formula in my water source it lands on 5.8 ph every time.
So mixing it up takes about 5 minutes. Add part A and shake. Then I open the tent check out the ladies and look over everything. Then I go back and add Epsom shake a minute then part B.
Even if you have to adjust with pH Up/down you will soon find it only takes “X” number of drops and you wont need to check pH after you do it a few times.
This last grow I did 4 in one gallon fabric pots. Just harvested first one yesterday. Do not let the coco dry out. Thats the single most important difference. Water generously and every day. In some cases you may need to water twice a day if the plant is large and the pot small.

5 Likes

Autopots and jacks almost feels like cheating

3 Likes

Fantastic. Then you can just watch your beautiful results unfold. How cool. Thanks, SN.

1 Like