New to auto flower

Hey, first time growing auto flower…this looks likea hermie to me, both Gelatos…seemed dine up until yesterday, first one we planted looked like a male right away but these 2 seemed fine

1 Like

Can u get closer pics pop one of and open it if a seed it’s Hermie

1 Like

Nothing inside…maybe this is a better pic

That ones no better, another try

These are definitely balls, not buds few amber pistels

3 Likes

weird looking bud structure but I vote female.(no hermie) I see the leafs Curling up probably from the heat.

2 Likes

Do you really? I’m just a little worried cause we’ve got 9 other plants out there, all still in veg but 4 just started the 12/12, in the house then back outside. The Gelatos are also outdoors, thought maybe they got stressed with the erratic weather in Wisconsin

3 Likes

And yea its been in the 90s last couple days

2 Likes

Yeah , I think the whole country’s hot. Let’s tag in a couple more sets eyes to look at your bud. @OGIncognito @Oldguy

2 Likes

@kellydans Thanks for the tag brother. :wink:

@rusticwhisper
Looks to me like the plant might have re vegged
Seeing a few single round edged leaves in a couple of the pics.
Would explain the funky bud growth goin on.
Did you happen to start putting it out a bit too early when the days were shorter ?

The curled up leaf fringe “ tips “could be the heat.

:v:

2 Likes

They were in a greenhouse until probably end of May and then probably in and out until nights got warmer

1 Like

Sorry. Just saw that it’s an auto.
That changes the previous thoughts.
Sustained higher temps can make autos form thinner fox tail like buds.
Had a couple do that when I ran my indoor too late in the season. Was hitting low 90’s for a couple weeks till they finished up. Just a thought.

Sorry couldn’t be of more help.

:v:

I appreciate any thoughts at this point but now not sure when this is ready cause it looks so weird…I know the second plant pic seems a bit behind this one and not near ready even though both were planted same time but not sure what to do at this point. I’ve got 2 more autos, Northern Lights…hope they’re easier! Lol! Not a whole lot of luck with these Gelatos, first one had balls on it before it was even 18" tall, no pistels at all, then these 2 in the pics and then I planted 2 more seeds over a week ago and they didn’t germinate. ILGM was great about it though, sent free seeds but not sure I want to try any more of these. Wish I had room in the house to try grow tent, but we’ve got more room outside than in.

2 Likes

Appreciate the tag @kellydans I would think heat and possibly genetic. Did it start flowering outside? Looks like it started flowering under weak lighting just looking at the calyxes development?? Does resemble a funky reveg

3 Likes

Nope started flowering outside, maybe a month ago…another thing I found surprising was I didnt think there would be so much difference between pot sizes on an auto…5 gal white bucket vs maybe 7-10 gal pot, prob 10, planted same time

4 Likes

I would think just genetics on that bean and heat. Not familiar with the Gelato but could be Sativa dominant versus the Indica Northern Lights. Sativas grow tall and Indica mostly shorter and more compact :love_you_gesture:

No these are both Gelatos, thats what I thought was odd

Same with my GG4s

2 Likes

And speaking of the GG4 should I be taking some more fan leaves off that thing? seems thick, the one on the right

You might clean up around the bottom closest to the pot a little bit. Better access to water and feed. She looks nice and healthy I’d let her ride other than that.

I actually have a plant that has buds like that right now a Hindu Kush auto, I watched it close but no nanners formed and she’s still stacking up

1 Like