New Tent Setup, Wanted to give AC Infinity the nod

I decided a couple of weeks ago I was going to add a second tent. I’m already growing out of a 3’x3’x7’11" Gorilla with 2ea. HLG 100 V2 for veg and flower is a dual HLG 260 Rspec w/ UVA-30, Then a AC Infinity T6 Exhaust fan, control and filter. A Inkbird ITC-608T controlling the humidifier, 3ea. 6" circ fans and other odds and ends. With room and space at a premium the new addition is going to need to be small. So that means a 2x4 tent is the only real option. Which is a very workable option for me.

So the AC Infinity kits caught my eye, yeah kits, I know I know I know. But hey I had a good research and look at them. And here’s what I came up with.

$599.00 for the 2x4x72 kit, a extra 100w light because 200w alone isn’t enough $99.00 and 1ea. 6" fan wont cut it so add 2ea $80.00, Inkbird $70.00, Light timer, power strip and cords $60.00, $908.00. But for $250 more I can do so much better.

My kit will be a 2x4x7’11" Gorilla $245.00, a HLG 350R $474, AC Infinity T6 fan/control/filter $229.00, 3ea. 6" circ fans $75.00, Inkbird $70.00, Light timer, power strip and cords $60.00, $1153.00

Just have to roll my own. Better and taller tent, a known quality, Great light, 6" exhaust fan, control and filter over the 4" lite version that comes with the kit. It’s a no brainer. Maybe some day I will get to work with a AC Infinity kit or at least other equipment in the product line.

8 Likes

What are you running the inkbird for? Temp or humidity?

edit: never mind I see for humidity. Looks like a great set up.

1 Like

Wowza. When you get this set up, please post some pics. Sounds like you’re gonna be busy

1 Like

those gorilla tents are nice

2 Likes

@beachglass it will pretty much be the same as my current Gorilla 3x3, same height just one less square foot in floor space and a more useable foot print IMHO. 3x3 tents are kind of the goofy sized tents. If I had the room for a 4x4 I would have two of them with HLG 650R’s w/UVA in them. As it is now my flower light for the 3x3 is a DIY HLG Dual 260 Rspec w/UVA. And my veg lights are 2ea. HLG 100 V2. Fact is I will also get another UVA-30 for the 2x4 to go with the 350R. And once this is all done I will put a 100 V2 in each tent ready to go for seedlings and early veg.

I’ve never bought a kit - done everything piecemeal - and I have the 3x3 Infinity tent. I have to say it’s an excellent tent. My first tent is a Mars 2x2 - adequate, but lacking a window and adequate duct holes.
Good luck with your grow! Looks like you have good equipment going forward.

1 Like

I like the 3x3 I have. Can have some light leak issues where all the door zippers all meet up. But over all they have good tents. But I really like my AC Infinity T6 Exhaust fan/filter and 67 control. And I’ve been wanting to try out some of there other offerings. Having been a outdoor grower and built so many of my own enclosures and cabinets over the years I like my tents tall. I like head room for tall long legged wicked girls like those nasty sativa ladys. And the AC Infinity tents at 72"/80" just dont cut it for me darn it! And I’m picky about my lights. Since finding HLG 4 or 5 years ago I’m in no hurry at all to leave them. I hardly ever do the fan boy thing. But these HLG’s and the company as a whole have really impressed me. And I don’t think the AC Infinity lights are bad. Not a lot of reviews or testing out there concerning them but there all pretty much a tad under sized IMHO in there kits. The 2x4 kit comes with a 200w light. Yeah it will get the job done, no doubt about it. But my experience has taught me a 300w light is better and pretty much ideal for the space and size. 400w would be even better! With the control AC Infinity brings to the game it’s a pretty cool system.

1 Like

AC Infinity 15% off code- HIGHIGAN

2 Likes

Thanks! I will use that on the Exhaust fan, filter purchase…

I just wanted to add a second to @Fiz comment, I really like my AC infinity tent. High quality product, I should not have expected anything but from them. Poles are larger diameter than the gorilla.

Came in this carrying case, not sure I’ll ever use it but thought it was a nice touch.

4 Likes

I got a case also. Lol. using it for something else, because I know I will never get that tent back in there! lol
kinda like a square peg in a round hole

3 Likes

My 3x3 Gorilla came with a case/camping tote, lolololol. Mines folded up on top of the tent. Ordered a Apogee MQ-610 ePAR Meter today. So the buying has started for the new tent and addition to the farm.

3 Likes

So i just got another set up which is a 2x4.
The marshydro sp3000 gots some crazy good reviews and absolutely perfect coverage for a 2x4 space.
I usely dont push the cheaper brands but after seeing the light reviews I was super impressed by it. The marshydro tent is very light proof but sucks for hydroponics as there is no openings at the bottom anywhere to run water lines :confused: i didn’t realize this before I purchased so thats my 2 cents :grin:

2 Likes

You just described my setup with the exception of the 350R,Im running an 320XL instead.

1 Like

Without being too descriptive. Where r u from Cali Michigan Florida ect. There is a lady on market place has 4x Mars hydro bar style lights 300w each light she wants 150 each. One run on them. Hell of a deal lol. Look on fb marketplace as u might find good deals there just searched grow lights and all kinds of grow stuff shows up lol

1 Like

Everything is ordered! Gorilla 2x4 w/high cfm kit, high cfm kit for 3x3, HLG 350R, UVA-30 XL, AC Infinity 6" Exhaust fan, filter and 67 control, Apogee MQ-610, 3ea. 6" fans, Power Strips and Extension Cords. Will get the Humidifier and Light Timer from a local shop. A new tent will be growing next weekend… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I just got a mars sp3000 off FB and im super impressed with it.
Is this what the lady had?
Is it still posted and will she ship?
What city :rofl: