New Tent Build and First Grow

Seedlings are two weeks old today and doing absolutely fantastic! So much so they got transplanted into the permeant #7 pots early this morning and watered in with 2 oz. each of plain ph’d water. I normally transplant at 3 weeks. They will start on the feeding program using Nectar of the gods sampler pack in a few days. So far no droop or stress at all from the transplant. Like nothing happened. I will leave them under the HLG 100 V2 for another week then switch them over to the 350R. One thing I did different on this grow was I left the light on 24/7 for the first two weeks. These are photos, but I wanted to push them hard out of the gate. The left plant was found this morning to be complaining just a tad with the edge of it’s leaves curling up a tad. It had had enough. LMFAO!!! So they are now on a 18/6 cycle. :slight_smile: I want these two plants to get real big so I’m going to veg them for awhile and see if this Alaskan Thunder Fuck lives up to the hype! The taller plant is at 375 ppfd while the runt, Seems like there is always a damn runt with all this fufu weed now days, is at 350 ppfd. May even buy another 350R. If two HLG 260 Rspecs are good in the 3x3 tent I bet two 350R’s would be better in a 2x4!

4 Likes

Looking good.

1 Like

Very nice brother :sunglasses::v::heart:

1 Like

I just ordered another 350R for the 2x4. Will bolt them together and hang the UVA-30 XL below/center like I did with my dual 260 Rspec in my 3x3 tent…

4 Likes

So much light!! That’s going to be great! Still super happy with that new light meter?

Plants are looking great!

I’ve always been a proponent of good light and to much is always better than not enough. The MQ-610 is the best tool I’ve ever bought in the grow sphere. It’s simple, quick and to the point. Calibration can be checked with the clear sky calculator website. As can other meters. The meter is fantastic.

2 Likes

Too much light is always a plus as u won’t have to run the lights as hard to achieve ur goal. Looking nice.

The second 350R just came in so the 2x4 will be a dual 350R w/UVA very soon.

6 Likes

Plants were three weeks old yesterday and doing great! They got there first full feeding/all six components of the Nectar Of The Gods Sampler Pack at half dose yesterday. I was hoping to have them under the dual 350R light setup yesterday. But the wife has had a medical issue come up that required some hospital time so I’ve been busy with her. She is much more important than any grow. They got there first topping yesterday and a couple of 3 pedal leaves pulled off the very bottom of the plants. They really need to be under the dual 350R’s. See if I can get that done over the next few days. This grow did not suffer because of my lack of attention like the 3x3 tent grow. :frowning:

5 Likes

Looking nice and healthy brother… :pray: lifting Mrs. Blastfact up for a speedy recovery… Amen brother…the Queen before the princesses. :sunglasses::v::heart:

2 Likes

Week 4 / 28 days this morning from helmet heads. Grow is doing very good. Got the 1/4" I-Bolts installed in the fixtures and got them centered up and perfectly leveled out. So the lights are set for there life’s work here at the shack. I’ve been feeding with Nectar of the Gods 6 bottle sampler pack at half strength. Went a head and bought the other two bottles for what NOTG’s call the Greek Regime. Also added there One Shot to the soil. Will stay at half strength feedings for another week on the Greek Regime then go full strength. The #7 nursery pots are holding moisture very well. Adjusted around on the lights this morning as mentioned earlier and they are at 480 PPFD 18" off the canopy @ 80F/80% RH.

4 Likes

Looking very nice brother… healthy looking girls…:sunglasses::v::heart:

2 Likes

Those two will fill that tent nicely! Good growing!

2 Likes

Looks like I might be getting some eye bolts soon lol, that looks great!

2 Likes

5 weeks old yesterday. They have had a couple full strength Nectar of the Gods feedings and growing like crazy. There starting to display there I’m a young girl in puberty so we are going to be drama queens now sativa personality. If your a parent and have raised girls you know the phase we just entered into with these plants. There twisting there leaves. Trying to go lime green then dark green. I just laugh at them, rough them up a tad, maybe put a fan straight on them for 5 mins or blast them with light for 5 mins. Then put them on ignore. I kind of get a kick out of there drama queen ways. While they are not showing heavy sativa leaf pattern. They are leggy and have the tude. Just another hybrid fufu strain that’s more fun to grow than smoke in the long run.

5 Likes

Looking awesome brother :sunglasses::v:

2 Likes

Nice work bro!:beers:

2 Likes

Sorry for no updates of late. There has been some grow drama and I should have documented it. I was looking at the plants last week and they had all the leaf tips white as ash with new growth on top all twisted and running from the light. Puzzled I know they were not being over lit with the 350r’s. I checked and the ppfd was just a bit more than where I left it. Then I felt it. The UVA was on. And sure enough the UVA timer was pluged into a power strip. And it was blazing away. Damage done, so I unpluged it and put a tag on it, " do not plug in " I didn’t plug it in and asking the wife or any of our adult daughters that had been around would result in the common BS lie they like to tell of " I don’t know " So no use in asking. At this point knowing they were hurt anyway I pulled them out for a full inspection and lower defoliation and clean up. I hate scrog with a passion. Knowing that these plants will need it I decided to go ahead and use the tent high cfm bars as Gorilla calls them to mount the scrog netting. So I installed 3.5" square netting and got that all setup. I can’t stand 5" or 6" scrog netting. So the 3.5" makes it a bit more palatable. I gave them there finale inspection this morning. Also added another 1/3 cup of DE to the soil and each plant also got another 12 tbls of Nectar of the Gods One Shot mixed into the soil. Lowered the scrog net down and started folding them over and working with them. The next 7 to 10 days will be hard on them. I’m not gentle at all when it comes to getting and keeping them under the net. This grow is on NOTG’s Roman Regimen minus Triton’s Trawl and Pegasus Potion. I’m only going to do one more grow with NOTG’s and that will be a grow off with a Wedding Cake Auto grow with two plants on NOTG’s and two plants on Humbolts Secret + 2 in the 3 x 3 tent when it’s current grow finishes out. IMHO NOTG’s is a pain in the ass and expensive. But will leave finale judgment until the grow off and see how the grow finishes out. The #7 nursery pots still have moisture in the soil from there last feeding the other day. The last few weeks they have been getting half gallon feedings each every 4 to 5 days. So I will give them a feed Monday morning and at 10am when I flip them to flower. That will be eight weeks of veg. Then the march to flowerdom will begin. Yeah know, NOTG’s, Roman, March, HA-ha, never mind.

3 Likes

You are gonna bring them back for the win in the ninth inning :sunglasses::v::heart:

1 Like

Get a quick update in. Lost a very good friend recently that was a fellow grower, biker, adopted dad, past business partner, mentor and all around great ass hole. Will lay him to rest this evening. So it’s been a bit of a shit show of late here at the Shack.

So here is the update. Didn’t get the grow flipped to flower until June 15th.

Here is todays pics eight days after flip. The grow has recovered from the UVA burn. Still on Nectar of the Gods Roman Regime Light as I like to call it with. Feed once then water only. Keep the ph moving between 6.3 to 6.6. Temps running 78f and humidity is set to 60%. PPFD right now is 550 at he taller tops and 500 at the lower across the canopy. Will bring the UVA back into play in a week or so. This grow I’m going to run it for six hours a day in the middle of the light cycle. With Alaskan Thunder Fuck being a very sativa dominant plant there already acting like wild girls that don’t want to wear undies. Was smoking a bowl this morning checking them out and they were twisting leaf tips. I went ahead and got the pos china crap Inkbird IRT out and shot temps on leaves and they were anywhere between ambient to two degrees below ambient temp of 78f. There on light cycle is from 9pm to 9am and it was around 8am when I checked them. So they might have just about had enough for the day at the 11th hour. I miss my Fluke IRT something awful. May have to break down and buy another Fluke. Anyway the grow is rocking along. I can raise the scrog if stretch gets out of hand and have plenty of tent height if they want to get super leggy.

3 Likes