New Tent Build and First Grow

Looking good! Got you say to watching so I can keep up with your progress!

1 Like

Nice. Is that a reload station next to the tent ?? Sure appears to be

1 Like

Popping seeds and we have tails. Have the pots ready to go and will leave them till tomorrow. The left one needs a bit more tail. Come on Alaskan Thunder Fuck!

Popping seeds.

We have tails.

Pots are ready to grow.

4 Likes

Plenty tail. It shows its ready to go. I see tails myself i go into solo or pot right away before they can get damaged.tiny tail…big tail…any tail. Just me.

I got the popped seeds out about noon today and sure enough the tails were a tad longer to my liking and the left seed was showing a double tail. So that should be interesting. Got them put in there solo cups with some mycorrhizae and identified, know which is which for future reference. Have the solo cups on a heat pad waiting for the helmet head sprouts to appear. The new 2x4 tent setup is complete now. All the control setup is done, a bit of cable management done. Even a few pool noddle’s are installed to help with light control because I keep the vents in the back of my tents open. So I put a few pool noddle’s in to help keep that dark between the tent and walls and still keep good airflow for the exhaust fan. It’s been a fun two weeks or so doing a bit of research and looking at different options. So with seeds popped and in solo cups the grow will have started once I get a couple of helmet head sprouts. OOOO I almost forgot, I need to get some new gnomes for the new tent! :slight_smile:

Popped seeds.

Seeds in solo cups on heat mat.

New setup is ready to grow! I also did a couple of small upgrades to the 3x3 setup, washed walls down, put a new skirt the wife made on my Little Lee Reloading Bench and changed a few things around in my office and brought things up a notch. Have a piece of art I still need to put in a frame and hang. But over all it’s been a lot of fun! On with it’s first grow! Come on Alaskan Thunder Fuck Helmet Heads!!!

3 Likes

Nice setup, love the room and setup and everything you got going on,

Congrats on the tails and start of this journey.

The only strange thing I saw, it looked like you placed the temp/humidity probe from your exhaust fan into the soil of the solo cup. I could be wrong, but if I am right, that is not how that sensor works, it just monitors the air temp and humidity, not meant to be placed in soil.

I could be wrong, but just wanted to say something.

Looking good!

It’s the sensor for the heat mat. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s interesting, I haven’t used a heat mat like that,

So it’s just temperature sensor then? No humidity, does it recommend putting the probe in the bottom or middle of the soil?

Thanks for clarifying!

Another thing I thought of, your cups are clear, the roots will get damaged by the light, would recommend doing the clear solo cups into colored ones or something to block the light, them you can pull it out and see the roots when you need to.

I guess not necessary yet, with no roots, they will be there soon though, better safe then sorry though

It’s just a standard china junk thermostatically controlled heat mat.

Did you look at the other pics? Once the helmet heads sprout the solo cups go right back into the pots they will be transplanted into. The heat mat comes out, and the pots go into the tent, light, humidifier and exhaust fan go on. A little extra soil goes on top of the solo cup rims so there is no light issue at all concerning the roots. And I can still pull the solo cups to monitor root development.

1 Like

You got it all figured out! You don’t need me at all!

I see the larger pots with a hole for the cup now. I also see the post before with the solo cups in the pots now :crazy_face:

I’ve also been debating getting a legit light meter, like your first post, where you using your phone before as a meter?

Thanks for clarifying.

I’ve been doing this for a very long time. I’m not a noob. My noob status ended back in the late 1970’s. :slight_smile: Grew my first outdoor plants in the 5th grade. I also have a grow journal on my current grow and upgrades in my 3x3 tent. Old Grower, New Grow and Updates

I’m kicking myself for not buying a Apogee or another high end PAR/PPFD meter years ago. We use to do some really stupid stuff trying to understand what our lights were doing. From prisms and projector charts, Candle/Foot meters, LUX meters. And yeah I even recently tried Photone. It’s not worth a damn on my 13 Pro Max or the wifes U21. Photone pushed me to purchase the MQ-610. I should have bought a Apogee when they first came out.

1 Like

Well I’m still noob, as I’ve made abundantly clear at this point :joy::joy: I’ll be starting my 3rd grow soon.

I use the ppfd app on my Android phone, I’ve thought about getting a nice light meter like the apogee one you purchased, they are not inexpensive though, but I can appreciate/value a useful tool.

I’ll be curious how much more accurate/control you feel like you have with the new meter vs your old photone use and if you notice a difference.

I’ve read that the phone apps can get you “close enough” so I have questioned their value.

I think some of my previous issues have been from me running LED lights to bright, but I’m learning and that’s the important part. More is not always better was a difficult new grower concept to grasp :joy::crazy_face:

Thanks for tagging your other journal, and the information.

My iphone 13 pro max reads 200 ppfd high reguardless of diffusuer. The wifes Sammy Ultra21 reads 200 low. Can calibrate with the MQ-610 and it stays perfect as long as you dont reboot the phones…

1 Like

First seed pops and sprouts failed. Seeds died in the dirt. Seems to be a recurring theme the last three years.

Now have ATF seedlings in the tent. Day 1 of week 1 and there off and running. Wimpy seeds and wimpy seedlings so lets see how they do! The grow room / office is done. Upgrades done on the 3x3. New 2x4 is done. Room cleaned up, new wall hangings, new skirt for the loading bench and other things taken care of.

New seedlings, bless there roots.

New tent and upgrades.

4 Likes

The seedlings are one week old today/Monday. Late at posting. One is normal the other a runt. Let the runt go for a while and see if it has any soul. There seeing 240 PPFD. Will lower the light a couple of inches in a day or so and get that bumped up a hair. I have given them a couple of foliar feedings with a weak mixture of Bloom Khaos. PH water a oz or two at a time. 50/50 mix of Ocean Forrest and #8 are providing all they need right now. At 3 weeks I will start using Nectar of The Gods sampler pack system on them for a big change of pace from my simple system I’ve been using for the last 5 plus years that my other grow is on. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@Storm, ride that Wing!

6 Likes

Lol @Blastfact . Actually doing 9 hours in morning to Palestine Tx. Running brothers farm while he is on chemo/radiation. Full maintenance today.

4 Likes

@Blastfact beautifull day to ride.

2 Likes

Ran around on mine today…

1 Like