New T5 light for clones

Hello hope everybody’s doing well. I’m looking for suggestions on a cheap T5 light. Thank you for your time

1 Like

If you need bulbs for an existing fixture, prolly these:

If you need a full fixture, I’d go for a cheap LED fixture like this:

Amazon.com

I have something very similar, it works great for germinating seeds and rooting clones. Not useful for much beyond that

edited to add tags to links

3 Likes

HTG has their name brand T5s that are a good light at a good price. I have used the 2 foot lamps in my clone tent. The 4 lamp one puts out too much heat for the small clone tent. The two lamp is better but still warm. I like the 130 watt 4k LED in there better. It is an unused light that I ended up with, and needs to turned down to about 50% or so. I think that unless you need the heat I would use about like a 65 watt 4k LED.
Actually I like T5s, and the way you can easily can to a different spectrum. I use them mainly for side lighting in my flowering tent. I just find them a little too warm for my small clone tent with it’s low air flow.

1 Like

@Graysin thank you for the feedback. I like that second option. That $20 dimmable light. I don’t see dimensions for the size of the light. I have my clones in a 10 gallon fish tank with a piece of plexiglass over the top. Will that light be sufficient for my setup? This is what I’m using now. It just seemed a little dim day before yesterday when I turned it on. I’ve had it for a couple years paid 35 bucks for it. Figured it’s time for a new light

1 Like

@larry1 facebook near you or 5 mile or offer up. t5 lights are being phazed out from what i hear, that doesn’t matter for you tho. i got a 8 bulb 4 ft - T5 fixture w/bulbs and stand for 50$. an there was multiple more to choose.

2 Likes

It looks to be about 11in by 7in. For a 10gal fish tank, I’d probably do the pack of 2 lights just to make sure you had the coverage you want for the entire length of the tank. One would do fine but the plants on the sides would perhaps be left wanting some more intensity

3 Likes