New super soil grower, new soil in general grower lf expert opinion on what i need to change in my super soil

Hey everyone , to start off i absolutely love this site, and appreciate the opportunity to sponge up all this info ,im mixing a super soil and trying to make a personalized recipe and maybe simplify it in the future , note all of these products are already here and ready to mix but i feel like im wicked wicked hot im new to living soils and was never a soil grower other than my corn garden lol any changes are welcome im open to major changes im sure ill use all of this one way or another Screenshot_20200415-014229|243x500

@camoflouge312 Welcome to ILGM forum.

1 Like

thank you im very very happy to be here !!

1 Like

Welcome to the community. You have inly a couplw post’s you can do the first 24 hours here. :+1:

I try too keep it simple and use FF Happy Frog. I usually add only worm castings and 20 to 30% perlite (for aeration and to prevent compacting.) I do use mycos (it is really great stuff,) but mycos is expensive so rather than mixing it into the soil I will sprinkle around a tablespoon as I layer in each 2 or 3 inches of soil.

Good luck and welcome to the community.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum!

I can’t help with your soil recipe, it’s not something I do. But we have a few members that do, hopefully they will be by soon.

thank you to the tip!! and happy to be here!!

no worries!:slight_smile: any advice is good advice, im hoping someone can let me know if im to hot and what to use to fill that out

1 Like

Does not look too hot to me.

Let’s ask @Skydiver and @Budbrother!

awesome and thank you for the tags the more the merrier!!!

1 Like

It’s semi hot but should be fine after cooking it for a month.

1 Like

I also see a shit ton of N and no K in the mix.

2 Likes

thanks @Budbrother!! i appreciate the help guys i read this and ordered two bags of prewashed loose growit coco coir to add into the mix and ill still cook it

1 Like

i noticed alot of my amendments only have slight amounts of k is there a specific one that focuses on potassium

1 Like

Langbanite is 0-0-22

2 Likes

aweskme thank you i just ordered a 5 lb dte package of it , should i add all 5 lbs?

1 Like

No it’s a ratio thing. Too much of any one thing causes lockouts on the others.

3 Likes

okay thanks , tbh im nervous i wont get my amounts right , is there a ratio chart that would cover all of this by any chance? subcool adds things in a certain order but my batch has alot more in it , i know i was gonna go light on the blood meal and bat guano , and use the bat guano as a light top feed throughout veg, and id go light on the fish bone meal and use some of that as a light top feed for bloom

1 Like

Yeah I don’t do super soil; I do living soil. I’m really not the guy to help you with that. Maybe @garrigan62 has a chart or can offer more insight.

2 Likes

I’m glad i asked you guys , now do i have the proper ingredients for a living soil?

1 Like