New spot to guerrilla grow

I seen all of the components in Jameco catalog to build a small off grid solar system. I have a small diy light I have used on my clone dome it would probably run. And I can get batteries free from work. Maybe I’ll take a crack at it when my other projects are buttoned up.

2 Likes

It’s a five volt USB cord 12 watt but 18 output. People on the Amazon love this light so so it much be good. People said you can use banks. I love your solar idea!

So the grow light you bought runs off 5 volts?

1 Like

It’s a twelve watt light they say is 18 watt it does not say the volts.

If it needs more than 5 volts you’re kinda screwed then?

1 Like

I’m already on that :grimacing:. And the area you noted is on my list to check out. I’m planning on putting out some colored stakes in 3 spots, then drive around to see if I can spot them. I’m not leaving any cash (like you) for the dang raccoons to spend on persimmons :rofl: IF I can get down there today I’ll take some pictures :+1:. And I want to thank you again for your post and help. You and @dbrn32 are keeping my Dream alive :hugs:

2 Likes

@dbrn32 ya I think it should be fine. My friend only changes me five dollars for seeds. So what I’ll do is the same idea is the greenhouse guy on ht. Turn it off at seven pm and then turn it on at eight on nine. I don’t mind. @SmoknGranny ya leaving money out is an old guerrilla grow trick. But the stake idea is good :blush: if you can spot then that’s not a good area. Try to move it at an angle.

1 Like

I hope for your sake it does, but I would be skeptical. To get 18 watts out of 5 volts the current has to be over 3 amps. So a 3000mah battery will run for 1 hour tops.

If you got this stuff from amazon, can you post links here so I can take a look please?

2 Likes

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B071DBM8N2?tag=greenrel-20

Looks to be setup for 5 volt usb, but the description said 12 watts? So at 12 watts per hour from 5 volts that’s like 2.4 amps or 2400ma. You’re battery will supply it to run how long?

1 Like

20 hours run time. My battery is 50000 mah. Usually what I do when it’s the dark cycle I just charge it while I’m at work. If I have two it can work more efficiently.

Sounds about right then as long as it gets a full charge.

1 Like

They always get full charges.

Made it down the hill to west side and found 3-4 possible sites. Ground too frozen for stakes. And of course near deer trails. But, I think it’s doable and once the trees & weeds grow should be hidden. In the meantime, I’ll have to sharpen my machete for path clearing.
I was looking at the solar Christmas lights charger on Amazon & wondered if it could be reworked for a small grow light or fan. Just thought I’d throw it out for yours and @dbrn32 thoughts :grimacing:

First choice

Second choice if I can “tame” the vines.
IMO piney woods are a lot easier to get around in :blush:

4 Likes

That looks great👍 The second spot looks like more sun but all you have to do is chop down the vines and you’ll be ok.

1 Like

It’s in the corner that @Hogmaster suggested and not as deep in the woods. If we get another sunny warm day I’ll check out the east woods next. :+1:

2 Likes

Not an outdoor grower, but I’ll try to track down those lights.

1 Like

Only bad thing about going into the woods is when all the leaves decide to grow you’re not gonna have hardly any sun unless you have it real nice clearing inside the world

3 Likes

@dbrn32 i figured out the light uses high intensity for summer and lower intensity for the fall.

1 Like