New spot to guerrilla grow

I picked up a marked down greenhouse this past fall for $40 about 5X5X6.5 which I hope to use for some autos and tomatoes :tomato:. I’m going to add some windows to it and hanging mosquito cloth in it to slow down grasshoppers & horn worms :bug:

1 Like

Sounds like a plan @SmoknGranny and @soilman837. Are you gonna put the new greenhouse out at the same spot?

1 Like

@dbrn32 just bought an 18 watt growlight that 200 positive reviews

1 Like

Hopefully it does well for you

1 Like

@dbrn32 ya it’s led and with what I’m doing in my box, it should work do to the cooking trays.

1 Like

@MattyBear I’m putting my regular greenhouse behind my house, but I’m thinking of copying @soilman837 & maybe putting up a similar “covert greenhouse” in my woods :grimacing: with some bag seeds just to see how it might work out for me. If successful this year then I could possibly grow some nice photos there in 2019! He’s giving me another option with his Guerilla grow.

3 Likes

@SmoknGranny that should work. What kind of of bag seed is it?

1 Like

I have hermied seeds from my first successful (?) clones from a fem White Widow & some seeds from same WW possibly pollinated from local ditchweed or maybe another stealth grower. So other than time & effort it’s a no cost way to see if your idea will apply to my situation. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

That sounds cool. I heard white widow is good. I hope the greenhouse works great :+1:

1 Like

All I can say is that the longer WW cures it just seems to get better and better. It’s a strain that seems can take a lot of abuse and still thrive. My goal is to grow some fem. sativa here but may have a problem as the flowering & harvest time coincides with our humid falls.

I’m in the process of setting up & modifying a smaller greenhouse now in the basement to start some tomatoes, etc. I would like to have fresh tomatoes to sell the first of July here :grin: Those are the first things folks want at our local Farmers Market & usually no one has them until later. Gotta finance buying more MJ seeds down the road somehow :rofl:

4 Likes

@SmoknGranny it’s sounds like you’ve got it down! I have buddy who’s dad use to grow haze in between his tomatoe plants.

Sativas usually do a little better with humidity than indicas for what it’s worth. If you find a shorter flowering one probably even better. They don’t produce as much weight due to bud structure and less time, but that also helps with climate concerns. And on outdoor plant, you can usually afford to not need the highest yielding strains.

4 Likes

Thanks @dbrn32 You already know about my indoor growing situation with electric problems :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: . It’s going to be difficult just to get some stuff started inside as it is. My goal is to try fem Blue Dream (sativa?) next year if I can successfully grow some bag seeds in the woods this year :grimacing:

2 Likes

Blue dream is one of my wife’s favorites, I don’t grow it though. There’s usually lots of it around here. Should be a pretty reasonable one to grow outside.

2 Likes

I’m growing a BD now indoors. She’s still young and in my veg tent but I have high hopes for her!

2 Likes

East side & North side

3 Likes

Lots of sun to be had there!

1 Like

Now yes but not come Spring and the trees fill back in. I’m just praying that the stinging nettles don’t come back this year :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Hope not! We’ll have to mix a little something up for them too

1 Like

Yep! I couldn’t get 10 feet in to the woods last Spring the nettles were so thick. I’m wanting to go in there now but need things to dry up a bit. When hubby and I are awake at the same time I’m going to ask him about using round-up. As a chemeng who worked for that company he should be able to answer if it would kill my trees. Too much deadfall there now as it is. And, I can’t move fast enough to avoid a crashing limb :older_woman:

1 Like