New spot to guerrilla grow

Winter is the only time I really miss Florida! I can handle the snow but the ice is a PITA, particularly at my age. Overall, I’m pretty happy living in rural Nebraska. Heck, when your small town mechanic comes out on his own time to swap out a battery for you and only wanted my oatmeal raisin cookies :cookie: what more can you ask for :grimacing:

3 Likes

@SmoknGranny that’s awesome :clap:t3:. I used to go to pre school in a rural area. I think it’s cool.

1 Like

@SmoknGranny if you do build a greenhouse, buy some snow shoes. They are pretty expensive but you can might get a pair half off reused.

1 Like

I can get through the snow and have cleats for the ice and a walking stick :+1:. I’m kinda nervous about going down the hill to check my woods until we get a good thaw. When I do I’ll send you a picture :+1:
I’m planning on erecting my mini greenhouse in April for some autos but I really want to try some bag seeds in the woods this year :grimacing:. BTW, my house is about 1/4 miles from a public hunting area so I REALLY have to go stealth :rofl:

2 Likes

@SmoknGranny a going stealth is a good idea :bulb:the area that I’m at used to have people there a few years ago. Now I never see anyone. No one seems to bother it. I try to make it a stealth as possible. I saw @Countryboyjvd1971 commented on @Capt_Seeweed grow about that if the plant gets enough shade it will go into flower. I was thinking I could try this with mine in a few weeks to a month in April.

3 Likes

Definitely keep me posted on that. The two or three places I’m thinking about will probably only get 6-8 hours of overhead sun. That’s IF I can even get to those sites. Last year I couldn’t get 10 feet into the woods due to stinging nettles :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: I’m armed with RoundUp this year to make some paths but worried that it might harm the trees.
Here’s looking from my front door stoop

6 Likes

@SmoknGranny yah we don’t have kind of problem. My buddy who gave me the seeds lives right down the street, so if there’s ever a problem he can stop by. Autoflowers would work great for you greenhouse.

I’m looking forward to trying the autos but you and I both know that outdoor grown photos can produce more :grimacing:. I’m good with WW for a couple of years so I can play & experiment this year.
I have a lot of bamboo stakes & a large garment bag to make a mini greenhouse working with your design :+1:

1 Like

That’s sounds great :+1: I’ve heard that bamboo works great for greenhouses!

The way I learned is to Place one bag on and then the other on the stakes then tie them at the bottom. Like an idiot I tied them then tried to put it on lol. Make sure they are at an angle or you’ll get a puddle at the top.

1 Like

Yep. Sorta like building a small teepee :tent:

1 Like

Ya exactly :+1:

1 Like

I was somewhat of a Tomboy growing up so instead of playing with dolls I hung out with the boys building forts in the piney woods near our neighborhood :grimacing:.

2 Likes

@SmoknGranny read the HT article about the secrets of light dep in a greenhouse. There’s a guy in Oregon who starts his plant to flower on June 26. By the time august arrives he’s harvested his crop. Pretty neat stuff.

1 Like

I’ll try to get to it soon. I probably won’t fire up my computer until Monday where it’s easier for me to read :+1: I appreciate the tip :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@SmoknGranny no worries any time👍

The reason why @Capt_Seeweed was flowering in July was because the sun didn’t hit the plants until nine am so the plants got more time to sleep is what I guess what’s going on. I’m going to do the same thing once it’s gets bigger with a black trash bag. I placing half way on the front so It can flower.

1 Like

GM :hugs:. I keep meaning to ask how tall is your greenhouse? I’m also wondering about using Kozy Koats (Amazon has them) since I’m more north than you but they’re only about 18” tall. :thinking: I’m also going to do some research about using red plastic like some use for tomatoes

1 Like

. Once it warms up I’ll be doing an organic guerrilla grow with autoflowers. It’s less of a hassle. The greenhouse was 4 feet tall. Your better off buying it on Amazon.

Just bought a greenhouse for $33 I posted on @MattyBear last year. It’s 5"7 tall. It comes with a handy bag.