New spot to guerrilla grow

Do to any store that sells trapping equipment. Buy mt.lion or bob cat or even fox or coyote urine it will keep all the other mammals away. And i little human piss will keep the other predators away.

1 Like

I found another downed tree stand when I took the photos last week. That’s 3 since we bought this property. Between the ravine and trees this place is deer crossing central :grimacing:. To date I haven’t caught any hunters or poachers, but the local game officer drives around here on a regular basis :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:. We have an over abundance of coyotes here and rumor has it that there is a bobcat around here also.
My first objective is to try and see IF I can successfully grow in the woods this year. Then I will look at seeds for next year.
I truly appreciate your input @Familyman420 :hugs:

2 Likes

@SmoknGranny Fallen/downed trees are ny favorite to guerilla grow in. Protects the plants and if u walk on the tree it cuts down a trail to the garden. When i seach for nee spots im always watching for good fallen tree spots

2 Likes

Lots of fallen trees in my woods! Lots of slippery moss & kudzu also. The deer have made many trails through out the woods and I try to walk close to them. We’re back to wet yucky weather so it’s going to be a good couple of weeks before I get back into the trees.

2 Likes

Yeah its been so wet and muddy here too. Its either snowing one day in the 20’s , or raining and 60’s… Our property looks like a swap. Poor chickens, they’d do better if they were born quackers instead of cockadoddle doers!

2 Likes

@SmoknGranny that article is great for some late night reading :+1:

1 Like

1 Like

@MattyBear @SmoknGranny @dbrn32 @Dieselgrower @Hogmaster @Donaldj Better pic😉She seems to be doing pretty well.

5 Likes

@SmoknGranny @dbrn32 just need a back up and we’ll be green👍 Plant just needed a back up supply.

2 Likes

Dang :slightly_frowning_face:. But it was the worth the try and a learning experience. I’m hoping to get to the woods Friday and get a soil sample for a slurry test. I’m sitting on top of limestone and thinking of just planting seeds directly into the ground. Until I get more leaves on the trees a mini greenhouse could be spotted :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:.

2 Likes

Are you able to start a small plant in your home? I’m not sure where you live, or the climate, but all of my outdoor grower friends start their plants inside. Then transplant outside once the weather is good enough.

3 Likes

Without scrolling back up I “think” this was an auto rather than a photo. I’m not sure what the time frame to transition to the woods from starting indoors would be. But it’s maybe worth trying :blush:

3 Likes

Ahh, not a good plan for auto I agree. I just keep thinking based on the need for makeshift greenhouse the weather conditions aren’t ideal for an outdoor grow of any sort right now.

2 Likes

Yep. I saw @FloridaSon is bringing plants in due to frost warning down south.

3 Likes

I saw that if you add black buckets you’ll be able to keep the greenhouse warm it will be April by the time I get the seeds anyways. I’m going snowshoeing tomorrow anyways and then adding the wrap.

3 Likes

Sooner or later you’re going to figure out what will work for you :+1: Once you get it dialed in it’ll be easier. You may want to check your area’s historical freeze dates. Personally, I’m keeping my eyes :eyes: on any activity by the local farmers surrounding me​:slightly_smiling_face:.
I’m also thinking going with black pots is the way to go. I noticed that the peppers I had in 5 gallon white buckets (lots of holes) didn’t grow as well as my tomatoes last year in 5 gallon black plastic nursery pots.

1 Like

Usually I don’t have to worry about frost anymore by this time. That storm up north sent a late blast our way.

It’s only a slight inconvenience for me since I grow at home. If I grew away from here I wouldn’t put anything out until late March/ early April.

Mine are still small, so it’s no big deal…

2 Likes

I lived in Lincoln NE when I was a kid late 60s early 70s

1 Like

Awesome :sunglasses: that’s just down the road a bit! While there’s some things I miss about Florida and Lord knows I don’t like the cold, I really love living rural in the Midwest.

I came through there back in 09. The place had changed so much!
I’m in the hills of NC, It gets cold and we get snow a couple times a year. I moved here from south Ga. Just don’t like the heat and humidity any more

2 Likes