New seeds at 12 hours?

I have a dilemma. I have two plants that are not going to produce much…my first time with coco coir, I don’t like it, but they’re almost done. The buds are pitiful.
My question is; since these plants are on the 12 hour cycle, can I possibly start my seeds now and let them start out with 12 hours of light? Or, should I wait the next 4 weeks and then do a quick grow, so I can replenish what this crop didn’t produce?

2 Likes

Sure you can. It takes several weeks before light hours affect a plant

3 Likes

Good evening :blush: I think that would be just fine. The light cycle won’t matter to seedlings. I am guessing you are growing photo. :blush::v:

1 Like

I grow straight 12/12 start to finish and its never been an issue. Go for it.

I have two girls flowering and one that is so much younger. Its doing just fine at 12/12.

1 Like

What light are you using I’m about finished in a grow of coco with thick dense buds I’ll attach a pic

1 Like

Thanks everyone, I think I’ll go ahead and start a new one. @Dclark those look great! This is my first coco. I must’ve done something wrong, because these babies haven’t produced anything really. I started with a small tent, then got a 4x4 when my Skywalker outgrew the smaller one, but then all they did was start new growth instead of getting big buds. My Blue Dream is a freaking nightmare. I’m only doing one this time, just so I don’t waste another seed. Do you have to treat them differently than when you grow them in soil? I made my mix, talked to them, fed them nutes (maybe too much?), and they were beautiful in the beginning…then they started turning brown like they were burning. I thought they were too close to the light, that’s why I got the larger tent. I need a new grow guru.

That looks too be way more of a phenotype issue than a grid medium issue. Sorry it didn’t turn out plump and juicy. Coco can be amazing.

I pulled a dozen of these out of my last grow with pure coco and Jack’s 321. If you wanted to give it another go we could dive in to see what happened.

5 Likes

I’m with u @Underthestairs

2 Likes

I have enough coco left for a 5-7 gal pot, for sur. I used 65% coco, 25% worm castings, and 10% pumice. Then I did Big Bloom, Grow Big, and Tiger Bloom. I did the last thing the grow before this, except in soil, and at least had big buds (smaller plants). I must be doing something wrong. When I grew outside, they were huge and beautiful!

I’ll gratefully accept any guidance offered. Thanks.

So I use it straight which makes it a hydro medium. Using the nutrient line that I do means I give full strength pH feed (5.8) every time I water.

Once you start adding in other supplements it becomes some type of hybrid. Too complicated for me :joy:.

I water to runoff every time to make sure I don’t get anything built up in my coco. I’ve read recently that Ruth Jack’s 321 you don’t need to get runoff, I’ll be digging in to that in the future.

1 Like

Coco scares me. Everything has to be spot on. No room for error. I’m now convinced organic is the way to go. Cheap and easy with amazing results.

Yeah I’m with @Underthestairs I see the same thing 1st picture top of the plant single leafs smooth edges. Definitely weird.

1 Like

I just ordered some FF soil, I’m used to it. I need to do a quick grow just to replenish some of what I’ve gone through, then I’ll do a regular cycle. I’ve never seen such puny things as these have turned out to be. I’ll be lucky to get a few grams of fluff off of these.:weary:
Thanks for letting me know it’s okay to start them at 12 hours. Solo cups, here we go!

1 Like

I remain unconvinced that those plants have anything to do with you grow technique or skills.

1 Like

They were new seeds. I have a few left, so I’m going to try one in the soil medium that I’m used to, and see if maybe it’s just the seeds. I really think I did something horribly wrong for them to look the way they do. I just don’t know coco.

1 Like